1. Club runs 16 November to 21 November 2018 inclusive
Friday, 16 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards. This will be a head torch run so don’t forget your head torch! Rumour (Phil) has it you may be captured on film for LLeisure’s promotional Xmas video!
Saturday, 17 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/ .
Sunday, 18 November – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails. A number of members are doing the Heanor Pudding 10K so please check on Facebook first.
Tuesday, 20 November: Dave Bish will be in charge. It will be a hill session at the University. Meet at the turning to the Sports Centre at 6.15pm for a warm-up past the Portland Building, and then reps on Keighton & Portland Hills. Suitable for all abilities. Hi-viz recommended. We should finish by 7pm.
Session is here: https://www.strava.com/routes/16115455
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners course is currently under way.
Wednesday, 21 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles. Penny Page will also be there to lead the improvers on a run. Please remember to wear something light/hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Saturday, 1 December, North Midlands XC League, Shipley Park Heanor DE75 7GX (women 1.50 pm, men 2.20 pm)
Saturday, 5 January 2019, Notts AAA Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park
Saturday, 12 January 2019, North Midlands XC League, Wollaton Park
Dates now available for East Midlands XC League (all races start 11.00 am):
Sunday, 6 January 2019, Bramcote Park NG9 3GD
Sunday, 13 January, Holme Pierrepont, NG12 2LD
Sunday, 3 February, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB
Sunday, 17 February, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
3. Annual mystery trip to tea shoppes (AKA as the Christmas pub crawl): save the date of Wednesday, 5 December in your diaries, further details to follow.
5. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including those who did the North Midlands Cross Country race at Kettering (results here, and The Roaches (results here). Congratulations to Andy Hunter, the 2018 Men’s Fell League Champion.🏆
6. AGM: Minutes are attached for information. Many thanks to all who attended.
7. Update from Notts AAA
The Notts AAA XC County Champs will take place on Saturday, 5 January 2019, Wollaton Park, £5 entry. Closing date 16 December. Dan will be in touch shortly. Details on Notts AAA website.
County Championship races for 2019 will be as follows:
5K: Newstead Abbey Dash (Date TBC 26/07?)
10K: Mansfield 10K (Date TBC 15/09?)
10 mile: Notts 10, 21 June 2019
Half marathon: Newark, 11 August
Marathon: likely to be Leicester (date TBC).
The Summer League dates are not yet all fixed, but there will be a change to the team formats: men’s teams will be 5 (from 6 for senior men and 4 for veterans) and ladies’ teams will be 4 (up from 3 in both senior and veterans). These will be:
SL1: Hexgreave – April
SL2: Flowserve, Newark – May
SL3: Holme Pierrepont – 12 June (£2 parking)
SL4: Worksop – July
SL5: Teversal – 7 August
News on the 2019 Fell Championships is at https://www.nottsaaa.org/blog/14th-october-2018/notts-fell-championships-2019 . The format of the fell champs will be altered to a series, 3 races of which the best 2 race performances will count towards individual county medals.
8. Proposed Path Closure: Most of you will be aware that the new owner of the land near the Sailing Club is wishing to close the footpath from Attenborough to Long Eaton. Notts Walker Ramblers are putting in a Right of Way claim to save the route alongside the railway line. Further details at https://mailchi.mp/26e98bba728f/briefing-sheet-and-forms-download?e=9bcbc25127 . If you wish to complete and send in a user evidence form and claim map, these can be downloaded from the link above (please note address for Rachel Hobson is in fact 32 Mountbatten Way). This is a route well used by the Club, particularly during the summer months, and it would be a real shame to lose it.
9. Open Graded Athletics Meeting, Sunday 25 November 2018
Another reminder of the indoor track event being run by Notts Athletics Network at Sheffield. Closing date for entries is Wednesday, 21 November 2018. Full information at https://www.nottsaaa.org/blog
10. Injury Prevention Workshop: Notts Athletics Network are holding a workshop on Saturday, 8 December at 10 am, Long Eaton Rugby Club, NG10 4AA, on injury prevention. This will be led by Paul Whittingham, a Sports Massage Therapist. The workshop will focus on injury prevention and remedial exercises plus Q&A. Runners are invited to take part in the Long Eaton parkrun prior to the workshop. No booking required – just turn up. A small charge of £2 will be made to those attending. Further information from David Lisgo, Network Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.