1. Club runs 23 November to 28 November 2018 inclusive
Friday, 23 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 24 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/ .
Sunday, 25 November – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails.
Tuesday, 27 November: David Patrick will be in charge. Speed session. Meet at the start of the access road to the Uni of Nottingham Sports Centre at 6.15pm for a warm-up run to University Boulevard for 6.30 pm. The session is 18 x 1 minute fast runs followed by cool down and stretching.
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners course is currently under way.
Wednesday, 28 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles. Penny Page will also be there to lead the improvers on a run. Please remember to wear something light/hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Saturday, 1 December, North Midlands XC League, Shipley Park Heanor DE75 7GX (women 1.50 pm, men 2.20 pm)
Saturday, 5 January 2019, Notts AAA Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park
Sunday, 6 January 2019, Bramcote Park NG9 3GD
Saturday, 12 January 2019, North Midlands XC League, Wollaton Park
Sunday, 13 January, Holme Pierrepont, NG12 2LD
Sunday, 3 February, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB
Sunday, 17 February, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
3. Annual mystery trip to tea shoppes (AKA as the Christmas pub crawl): save the date of Wednesday, 5 December in your diaries, further details to follow.
5. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including everyone who did the Heanor Pudding Run (results here). Nice big pudding again! Also belated well done to Dave Evans who did the Athens Marathon in Greece a few days ago.
6. Welcome: to Michael Lyons – happy running with Beeston AC!
7. Update from Notts AAA
The Notts AAA XC County Champs will take place on Saturday, 5 January 2019, Wollaton Park, £5 entry. Closing date 16 December. Dan will be in touch shortly.
County Championship races for 2019 will be as follows:
5K: Newstead Abbey Dash (Date TBC 26/07?)
10K: Mansfield 10K (Date TBC 15/09?)
10 mile: Notts 10, 15 June 2019
Half marathon: Newark, 11 August
Marathon: likely to be Leicester (date TBC).
The Summer League dates are not yet all fixed, but there will be a change to the team formats: men’s teams will be 5 (from 6 for senior men and 4 for veterans) and ladies’ teams will be 4 (up from 3 in both senior and veterans). These will be:
SL1: Hexgreave – April
SL2: Flowserve, Newark – May
SL3: Holme Pierrepont – 12 June (£2 parking)
SL4: Worksop – July
SL5: Teversal – 7 August
News on the 2019 Fell Championships is at https://www.nottsaaa.org/blog/14th-october-2018/notts-fell-championships-2019 . The format of the fell champs will be altered to a series, 3 races of which the best 2 race performances will count towards individual county medals.
8. Proposed Path Closure: Most of you will be aware that the new owner of the land near the Sailing Club is wishing to close the footpath from Attenborough to Long Eaton. Notts Walker Ramblers are putting in a Right of Way claim to save the route alongside the railway line. There is an event at the Tappers Harker, Main Street Long Eaton on 1 December, 10.00 am to 12.30 pm if you wish to pop in to complete a form.
9. Injury Prevention Workshop: Notts Athletics Network are holding a workshop on Saturday, 8 December at 10 am, Long Eaton Rugby Club, NG10 4AA led by Paul Whittingham, a Sports Massage Therapist. The workshop will focus on injury prevention, remedial exercises plus Q&A. No booking required – just turn up. A small charge of £2 will be made to those attending. Further information from David Lisgo, Network Coordinator, email@example.com .
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.