Criteria for Life Membership of Beeston Athletic Club
This policy sets out the minimum criteria to be eligible for nomination for an award of Life Membership of Beeston AC.
This award exists to recognise the valuable contribution of individuals to the current and future existence of the club. It is therefore only awarded in exceptional circumstances.
In considering the award of Life Membership an individual should have demonstrated significant, sustained and high quality service enhancing the reputation and functioning of the overall Club.
It should be recognised that life membership does not have to be awarded each year.
The points to be taken into account when considering any nomination include:
- General Considerations
- The general attitude and overall demeanour of the nominee shows a dedication to the values of the Club
- Commitment to the principals of good sportsmanship
- Valued leadership and good role modelling that reflects credit upon the Club
- Length of Service
- The length of service to the Club should be service of at least 10 years as an athlete and / or as a volunteer role with such contribution in either role being taken concurrently. Length of service alone does not automatically guarantee the granting of Life Membership.
3.Other specific criteria
- Specific achievement, both competitive and non-competitive will be taken into consideration.
- Areas of service in the Club could include: Competing, Coaching/Managing, Administration and General Contribution (including fund-raising, supporting and other issues that the committee may see as relevant)
- Active involvement in the function of Beeston AC which includes factors such as attendance at functions, willing acceptance of tasks that need to be done to keep the Club running.
Benefits of Life Membership
- Award of the Life Membership at the Beeston AC Annual General Meeting.
- Exemption of fees associated with being a member of Beeston AC
Process for Assessing Applications for Life Membership
- Nominations for Life Membership should be forwarded to the Secretary of Beeston AC no later than 6 weeks before the AGM.
- The proposer and seconder should detail how the nominee fulfils the following requirements:
- Attainment of minimum service requirements
- Demonstrate the outstanding contribution of service
Nomine es will be considered by the Committee and the outcome forwarded to the proposer and seconder.
Approved nominations for Life Membership will be presented to the membership at the AGM for approval subject to a majority vote by the members present.
Retraction of a Life Membership Award may occur where the recipient has conducted him/ herself in a manner that reflects directly and adversely on the image or activities of the Club. This provision will only be exercised in exceptional circumstances and will require the full support of the Beeston AC Committee. As part of the deliberations, the Life Member in question is also to be given an opportunity to present their case for retention of their Life Membership status.