Voting open for Athlete of the Year: please note the deadline for votes is Friday, 15 November Noon. Our nominees are: Julia Barham, Neil Byford, Paul Dennis, Sophie Eadsforth and Greg Hopkinson. The email with the voting link was sent on 30 October; please check your Spam if you have not seen this in your in-box or get in touch. Thanks for all the votes, there have been over a hundred so far.
It’s the Single Gravs Handicap followed by the AGM on Wednesday 20th November – meet at Trent Vale Sports Ground, Beeston Rylands NG9 1ND, first runner off at 6.30 pm. The ‘prize’ giving will be at 7.30 pm at the Marina Bar followed by the AGM starting at 8.00 pm approx.
The guest handicapper is Paul Dennis. Please help Paul by letting him to know as soon as possible if you intend running by contacting him via email putting Single Gravs in the title/subject line – firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries: Friday 15 November.
This is a head torch run and a lead bike will be provided for the first runner off so they aren’t running alone in the dark! We look forward to seeing many Beestonites competing for the final club handicap of the year! Runners will be issued with a race number to make managing the finish easier. Please BRING YOUR OWN SAFETY PINS!
Please do not park near the gates to the football ground as the pitches may well be in use. The revised route is attached.
Deadline also coming up on the same day for London Marathon ballot entries; see below.
1. Club runs 1 November to 6 November inclusive
Friday, 15 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown from around 9.00 pm. Further information on Facebook. Remember to wear hi-viz!
Saturday, 16 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. Keep an eye on the weather news
Sunday, 17 November – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
This is the same day as the Derby 10 (assuming this goes ahead); good luck to everyone doing the race.
Tuesday, 19 November speed: Meet at the Cator Lane tram stop at 6.20 pm for warm up and 6.30 start; further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 19 November: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. An 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way.
Wednesday, 20 November – as it’s the Single Gravs and AGM this day we hope to see you there.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Road: Sunday, 17 November, Derby 10: 10 am, Derby Velodrome DE24 8JB (sold out)
Cross country: Saturday 7 December, Shipley Park, Heanor DE75 7GX (North Mids)
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships PLEASE NOTE ENTRIES NOW OPEN AT https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Closing date 12 December for entries
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids)
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
Road race league information is located on the Club website at: http://beestonac.com/events/category/events/bac-road-race-league-2019 . The fell race calendar is available at http://beestonac.com/cross-country-races.
3. Social events
– Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference. There is a free room on offer for the evening; you will be put in the draw if you buy your ticket before Friday 29th November.
– Christmas ‘Mystery’ pub crawl: this will be on Wednesday 11 December departing Beeston, 7.00 pm. Venue accessible by bus, tram, train or paddleboard! Further details nearer the time. Will our paddle boarders be coming down the river/canal?!
5. AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Single Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. The AGM agenda will be circulated a couple of days before the meeting. Are you interested in taking on the Social Secretary role? Jane Lewis can give further information to anyone who fancies this.
6. London Marathon Ballot: the Club has 2 entries for the 2020 London Marathon and names will be drawn out of a hat at the AGM. If you have a rejection letter or email and would like to be included in the Club ballot, please email Mark Rowlson. In order to be eligible you must be a first claim paid up member, have proof of rejection, been a member for a least a year prior to the draw and not run in the London Marathon in the previous two years. So far the following have been in touch to be entered into the draw: Carrie Barker, Stephen Connor, Arwen Makin, Paul Cross, Dan Rawson, Helen Rawson, Caroline Challender, Holly McCain, Jack Bibby, Karen Mitchell, David Broadbent, Simon Barnes, Lisa Reddish, Tim Hills, James Isherwood, Mihail Mihaylov, Rab Acid, Rob Evans, Nick Woodrow, Michael Lyons and Steve Brown. If you aren’t on the list, want to be and are eligible, please contact Mark by Friday.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend, including those at the North Midlands Cross Country race at Corby and Roaches. Well done!
8. Christmas Relays 28 December 2019: HP are organising these at Holme Pierrepont for the first time, £20 per team of 4 (4 x 4K mixed terrain, 2 men and 2 women to a team). Anyone interested? Poster attached.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.