1. Club runs 11 to 16 October inclusive
Friday, 11 October – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on Facebook. Time to get out the hi-viz!
Saturday, 12 October – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Today is also the first cross country race of the season – Markeaton Park, Derby DE22 4AA main car park (entrance off Markeaton Island A38), or Mundy Play Centre car park DE22 4NH, entrance off Markeaton Lane. The Women’s race (6K) is at 1.50 pm, men’s race (10K), 2.20 pm. Have a great race everyone, especially those trying XC for the first time!
Sunday, 13 October – CHANGE OF STARTING POINT – the Sunday run will be from Beeston Marina (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
It is the Stilton Stumble as well today and a number of Beestonites will be taking part. Good luck all! Sorry to say this is now sold out and there are NO entries on the day.
Tuesday, 15 October speed/hills: This will be at University Park (parking/meeting near the David Ross Sports Centre, NG7 2RD). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 15 October: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A new 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way.
Wednesday, 16 October – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Please wear hi-viz. Drinks afterwards in the Vic.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Road: Sunday, 13th October: Stilton Stumble 10K, 10.00 am, Cropwell Bishop Memorial Hall, NG12 3BA. Sold out.
Fell: Sunday, 20th October: The Undulator, 10.30 am, Wirksworth, Lime Kiln DE4 4NR.
Road: Sunday, 27th October: Worksop Half Marathon S80 2SF. Last few places
Other Dates for North Midlands Cross Country League (Saturdays):
9th November, West Glebe Park, Derby
7th December, Shipley Park, Heanor
11 January, Wollaton Park.
Dates for East Midlands Cross Country League – these have now been published:
Sunday, 5th January 2020 (Bramcote)
12th January, Holme Pierrepont
2nd February Colwick
and 9th February West Park, Long Eaton. Full details to follow nearer the time.
Road race league information is located on the Club website at: http://beestonac.com/events/category/events/bac-road-race-league-2019 . The fell race calendar is available at http://beestonac.com/cross-country-races.
3. Happy News: As well as welcoming Thomas, born in August to proud parents Helen and Dan Rawson, Rob and Becky Evans have been in touch with their good news – the birth of son Rhys Auston Evans, born 23:31 on 8th October 6 lb 10 oz. Many congratulations to our proud parents! Thomas and Rhys will doubtless be battling for the Club championship in 18 years!
4. Social events – Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane is in Japan until early October so if anyone wishes to pay before her return she will confirm receipt when she is back. Her bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference.
5. Notice of AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Short Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. Some vacancies are coming up on the Committee: Fell Secretary (Dave Bish has indicated an interest in this), Cross Country Secretary (Charlie Pearce has expressed interest in this) and Social Secretary (Jane is happy to speak to anyone interested in this job, and willing to partner anyone wishing to take it on in the first instance). A link with the AGM agenda will be circulated to first claim registered members in the next fortnight.
6. Request for Nominations for Athlete of the Year: A document is attached outlining the procedure for nominations of the Athlete of the Year. Please could nominations, including the names of proposer, seconder and a brief resume of the reasons for the nomination of the individual concerned, be sent to Chris Bexton (Club Secretary), by Friday, 25 October 12 Noon.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend at the Goose Fair Gallop, Chester Marathon, Tamworth 10K and other races – Beeston AC did very well at the Gallop, taking home both team trophies, and numerous other trophies as well, including first lady for Sophie Eadsforth!
8. Moorgreen Duathlon: this takes place on Sunday, 13th October at Colliers Wood, NG16 2FF (see flyer attached). L Leisure have asked if anyone is willing to volunteer on the day? They are looking for people to help with registration and transition (arrive from 7.00 am), to marshal the run or bike routes (arrive from 7.30 am), or help at the finish/ commentator (on site for 8.00 am). The briefing will be at 8.00 am. Please email Rab if you would like to volunteer.
9. British Masters Cross Country Relays, Saturday 26 October, West Park Long Eaton – age group teams from V35 upwards. If you would like to be in a team let Charlie Pearce know (email email@example.com), it's £6 each.
10. English Cross Country Relays Championship: Saturday, 2 November, Berry Hill Park Mansfield, £9 per person with the Club paying half as this is a national championship. Again, please get in touch with Charlie, either by email or via his Facebook post.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.