1. Club runs 19 to 24 July inclusive
Friday, 19 July – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on .
Saturday, 20 July – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 21 July – the Sunday run will be from, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. Many thanks to Steve Mason who led the run at Moorgreen last week.
Tuesday, 23 July speed: This will be a track session at Bramcote (parking on Moor Lane NG9 3GA or Leisure Centre car park). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 23 July : Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 24 July – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. There may be drinks afterwards in the . This is the same night as The Run, a very popular race with the Club, so check on Facebook first for run details.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Wed 24th July @ 7:15 pm, The Navigation Inn, Risley Lane, DE72 3BP. Further information at. Entries are still available at this time.
DE4 4HJ, 7km/180m
Thu 25th July @ 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Sat 27th July, 10.00 am Showground Heckington, NG34 9RA.
University of Nottingham Sports Centre,
Peak District: Parwich
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at .
3. Other upcoming races
* The Tim Wealthall Miles and Richard Belton 5K take place this Friday, 19 July at Harvey Hadden Stadium from 7.00 pm. Please see the Notts AC pages at https://nottsac.co.uk/latest-news/ for further details. Online entries now closed but arrive early if you wish to enter on the night – £10.
* The third race in the Notts AAA Fell County Championships takes place on 31st August; this is a message from Dicky Wilkinson the Organiser: 'Chrome Hill results now on Notts AAA website. The final Notts AAA 2019 individual champs race ( best 2 results from 3 [or exceptionally 1 race only]) & the one off team champs race for men & women (first 3 of any age to count per club) are at the Longshaw race on August 31st at 10.30am. Distance = 8.6km (5.3miles) with 320m (1050ft) of climb & this is in 'proper' fell terrain so studded fell shoes are advised. Entry to the sheepdog trials is £5 & includes the race entry fee. Register at the race desk THEN at the Notts desk & bring full kit of waterproof top (with hood) & leggings both with taped seams, hat & gloves, compass, whistle & race map, & emergency food ie gels / flapjack / choc bar etc. Race map & details (which you MUST read) are here:
Full Notts Fell Champs rules are available on the Notts AAA website fell running section. It is expected that runners have read, understand & adhere to the runners rules found in the FRA race guide / website.
Please arrive in good time as this is a popular race & long queues at registration can occur. Notts medal presentations asap after the race. Drinks incl. real ale & food at the show & Nat. Trust cafe also on site.'
*Entries are selling well for the Wilne 10K and standard entries are now sold out. Late entries are available at £2 extra, less than 100 places remaining.
The annual Kimberley Triathlon takes place on Sunday, 22 September. There are also support training workshops available at Kimberley Leisure Centre. Details.
5. Welcome: to Elaine Clifford who has just joined the Club; happy running with Beeston AC!
6. Well done to everyone who raced at the weekend, including the Crich Monument and Wrekin Relay races. Some excellent performances! Good luck to everyone racing this week, in the Hardwick 10K tonight and Brassington Fell Race.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.