Hi all – please find information about next week’s club runs below.
Welcome to: Mark Elwell and Helen Gentle who have recently joined the Club – happy running with Beeston AC!
Friday, 16 July: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia. The route will be a 5.5 mile loop round Attenborough Nature Reserve. It may be warm so do take water if you think you will need it. Toilets are available but changing rooms are still not accessible.
Saturday, 17 July: BAC return to racing: This week’s 5K run will be the out and back route along the canal to the chain link footbridge starting at the Boots tip bridge at 9.30 am. If anyone is interested in joining please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 18 July: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from Stanton Gate, Moorbridge Lane. Chris Robson will be in charge again – thanks Chris!
Tuesday, 20 July: Speed session – details will be posted on Facebook. Sessions start at 6.30 pm and please arrive early to warm up if appropriate. Most of these sessions are at the Bramcote Track, parking on Moor Lane NG9 3FH.
Wednesday, 21 July: please arrive at 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we would welcome new runners along – no one will get left behind.
Gaby Neher is also leading trail runs most Thursdays, 6.30 pm, with this week’s run being in the Toton Sidings area from the Tram Terminus. Details will be put on Facebook.
These are the conditions for participating in club runs:
In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies and Chris also has copies for the Improvers).
The guidance from England Athletics (updated 15 June 2021 to include advice on spectators, indoor training and travel) has been published.
Step 3 from 17th May:
• Athletics & running can take place for educational purposes (schools, childcare clubs,
colleges, and universities).
• Outdoor & Indoor sport facilities can open.
• Formal organised outdoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Formal indoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-Secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 30 or less.
• Indoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6 or less.
• Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport without being
subject to social contact limits.
• Outdoor competition can take place (with a license).
• Outdoor intra club competition (without a license).
• Outdoor spectators; multiple groups of 30 or less (per venue capacity)
• Indoor spectators; multiple groups of 6 or less (per venue capacity)
• Accommodation/hotels are open allowing for two-day events and larger scale events are
allowed with spectators.
• Travel; Plan ahead and travel safely where possible, for areas where the variant is
spreading more quickly the advice is to minimise travel into and out of the affected areas.
Please check the UK Government website for affected areas.
Advertised Dates for Races – full list on Facebook
North Midlands Cross Country League Dates for Diaries:
Saturday, 16 October – Markeaton Park, Derby
Saturday, 13 November – Wicksteed Park, Kettering
Saturday, 4 December – Shipley Country Park, Heanor
Saturday, 15 January – Wollaton Park, Nottingham
13.50: Senior/Vet women (approximately 6K)
14.20: Senior/Vet men (approximately 10K)
Trophies awarded to the lowest-scoring runner of all four races combined, from V35 to V65+ and VM40 to VM70+ in five-year bands.
Beeston parkrun: Fingers crossed for a return on Saturday, 24 July – it's getting close!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information.
See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.