Hi all – please find information about next week’s club runs below.
Good luck: to everyone racing at the weekend, including those going to the Lakes!
Friday, 9 July: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia. The route will be the parkrun reverse route, about 4.75 miles, with Alistair Porter in charge. Toilets are available but changing rooms are still not accessible.
Saturday, 10 July: BAC return to racing: This week’s 5K run will be the University two-lap course again, starting at the Jesse Boot bust on University Boulevard at 9.30 am. If anyone is interested in joining please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 11 July: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from the Tram Terminus building at Toton Lane, with Chris Robson in charge in view of John’s absence in the Lakes (thanks Chris!). The route will be shorter (9 miles) as many will run down and back to the start. It will be fairly flat “except for the lumpy bits” and take in Sandiacre and Risley.
Tuesday, 13 July: Speed session – details will be posted on Facebook. Sessions start at 6.30 pm and please arrive early to warm up if appropriate. Most of these sessions are at the Bramcote Track, parking on Moor Lane NG9 3FH.
Wednesday, 14 July: please arrive at 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we would welcome new runners along – no one will get left behind.
Gaby Neher is also leading trail runs most Thursdays, 6.30 pm, with next week’s run being in the Toton Sidings area. Details will be put on Facebook.
These are the conditions for participating in club runs:
In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies and Chris also has copies for the Improvers).
The guidance from England Athletics (updated 15 June 2021 to include advice on spectators, indoor training and travel) has been published.
Step 3 from 17th May:
• Athletics & running can take place for educational purposes (schools, childcare clubs,
colleges, and universities).
• Outdoor & Indoor sport facilities can open.
• Formal organised outdoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Formal indoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-Secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 30 or less.
• Indoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6 or less.
• Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport without being
subject to social contact limits.
• Outdoor competition can take place (with a license).
• Outdoor intra club competition (without a license).
• Outdoor spectators; multiple groups of 30 or less (per venue capacity)
• Indoor spectators; multiple groups of 6 or less (per venue capacity)
• Accommodation/hotels are open allowing for two-day events and larger scale events are
allowed with spectators.
• Travel; Plan ahead and travel safely where possible, for areas where the variant is
spreading more quickly the advice is to minimise travel into and out of the affected areas.
Please check the UK Government website for affected areas.
Advertised Dates for Races – full list on Facebook
Mark Rowlson, our Road League Secretary, has produced the Road League for 2021 and you can see this at http://beestonac.com/road-races .
Notts AAA have announced the Track and Field Championships will take place on 11/12 September at Harvey Hadden Stadium. Enter on the Notts AAA website by 20 August.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information.
See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.