The Club will be doing a takeover of the Beeston parkrun roster on Saturday, 22 February to celebrate the official first 5K run for our Couch to 5K participants – many thanks to those of you who have already put your names forward, the rota is filling nicely but there are still spaces. If you would like to volunteer please get in touch with Simon Barnes, either on the Facebook post, direct or via the parkrun email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to have both our flags at the National also on 22 February – please can everyone have a look to see if they have the small flag (which usually resides at Beeston parkrun) or know its whereabouts. Thanks! 🏳
Membership fees are also due (thanks to those of you who have already paid); please check your mailbox for an email from our Treasurer, Juliet Jones, dated 1 January which includes full details of how to pay.
1. Club runs 24 to 29 January 2020 inclusive
Friday, 24 January – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 25 January – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. Another record breaking week?
Sunday, 26 January – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Week 4 of the Couch to 5K course will be at 9.00 am, Chilwell Olympia.
Tuesday, 28 January: What a great session with Darren Middleton from England Athetics! Lots of top effort put in there by the many people who attended. It's back to a favourite session next week. Meet at Cator Lane Tram Stop at 6.20 pm for warm up and 6.30 start. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 28 January: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A Couch to 5K course is also running.
Wednesday, 29 January: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Please wear hi-viz. Drinks afterwards in the Vic.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday, 25 January, Prestwold Hall Loughborough, Midlands Championships, 12.45 pm ladies (8K 4 to score), 2.30 pm, men (12K, 6 to score). Good luck all!
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick NG3 7EB (East Mids League), 11 am. The East Midlands XC races are free to run, just turn up with club vest/top
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton NG10 4AA (East Mids), 11 am.
The 2020 Road League List is also attached to this email for information. The date for Summer League 4 is confirmed as 15 July. Summer League 3 on 17 June is not on the list as the Club is organising this race and so Beestonites will have the opportunity to marshal or run as they wish. Note that some races are already open to enter and fill quickly though Summer League races are free to registered members.
The new 2020 Fell League List is attached for information.
The Club race calendar is at http://beestonac.com/events/category/events
3. Couch to 5K – it’s not too late! If you know anyone who wishes to start running, Penny and Chris are running a C25K programme from Chilwell Olympia, 9.00 am on Sunday mornings for 8 weeks which started on 5 January (the last session will be the ‘graduation’ at Beeston parkrun on 22 February). If you would like to offer help for any of these sessions, you would be most welcome!
4. Notts AAA Fell County Championships: Full information is on the website at https://www.nottsaaa.org/landingpage/fell-running . Online race entry is now open for Race 1, Wolf’s Pit, Sunday 29 March 2020 at www.fabian4.co.uk . The second and third races in the series are Chrome Hill 27th June and Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Saturday 5th September. The Club did very well last year, would be good to continue the trend!
5. Track and Field County Championships: early notification for anyone interested that these are on Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 May at Harvey Hadden Stadium.
6. Welcome to: Tom Miller and Chris Hicks – happy running with Beeston AC!
7. Autumn trip? Does anyone have any good ideas where a few Beestonites might go for a half marathon race and an enjoyable break (with some sun?! 🕶 in the autumn? Send through your thoughts!
For new members current trips include Malta (half marathon on 1 March), Prague (half on 29 March) and the Lake District in early July for a series of trail races.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.