1. Club runs 27 September to 2 October inclusive
Friday, 27 September – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the , from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on .
Saturday, 28 September – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 29 September – it’s the Robin Hood Half Marathon on this day. If you wish to join the Beeston/Chilwell peloton on bike, they will be meeting at Tony’s café, Beeston Marina at 8.15 am. Or turn up at the Embankment, meeting at the flag which Andy Granville is kindly bringing (many thanks Andy!) for pre-race photo at 9.05 am (race starts 9.30). Drinks after the race close by at the Embankment pub, Arkwright Street. After that it’s free hot dogs at the Vic in Beeston 2-4 pm if you have your RHM half marathon medal with you.
If anyone not doing RHM fancies meeting up for a run, it is suggested that you organise this via the Club’s Facebook page.
Tuesday, 1 October speed/hills: This will be at University Park (parking/meeting near the David Ross Sports Centre, NG7 2RD). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 1 October: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A new 8-week couch to 5K programme will commence on 8 October.
Wednesday, 2 October – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. There may be drinks afterwards in the .
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Road: Sunday, 6th October: Goose Fair Gallop 10K, 9.30 am, America Farm, Annesley, NG15 0AT.
Road: Sunday, 13th October: Stilton Stumble 10K, 10.00 am, Cropwell Bishop Memorial Hall, NG12 3BA.
Fell: Sunday, 20th October: The Undulator, 10.30 am, Wirksworth, Lime Kiln DE4 4NR.
Dates for East Midlands Cross Country League – these have now been published:
Sunday, 5th January 2020 (Bramcote)
12th January, Holme Pierrepont
2nd February Colwick
and 9th February West Park, Long Eaton. Full details to follow nearer the time.
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at .
3. Social events – Beeston AC goes to the dogs: Have a great night everyone who has booked a ticket for this event tomorrow! Phil will see you there with the tickets.
4. Notice of AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Short Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. Some vacancies are coming up on the Committee: Fell Secretary (Dave Bish has indicated an interest in this), Cross Country Secretary (Charlie Pearce has expressed interest in this) and Social Secretary (Jane is happy to speak to anyone interested in this job, and willing to partner anyone wishing to take it on in the first instance). A link with the AGM agenda will be circulated to first claim registered members in due course.
5. Request for Nominations for Athlete of the Year:
A document is attached outlining the procedure for nominations of the Athlete of the Year. Please could nominations, including the names of proposer, seconder and a brief resume of the reasons for the nomination of the individual concerned, be sent to Chris Bexton (Club Secretary), by Friday, 25 October 12 Noon.
6. Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane is in Japan until early October so if anyone wishes to pay before her return she will confirm receipt when she is back. Her bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend and good luck to everyone doing the Robin Hood Half and Berlin Marathon. Have a good run and enjoy!
8. Moorgreen Duathlon: this takes place on Sunday, 13th October at Colliers Wood, NG16 2FF (see flyer attached). L Leisure have asked if anyone is willing to volunteer on the day? They are looking for people to help with registration and transition (arrive from 7.00 am), to marshal the run or bike routes (arrive from 7.30 am), or help at the finish/ commentator (on site for 8.00 am). The briefing will be at 8.00 am. Please email Rab if you would like to volunteer.
9. Notts AAA County Championships: Marathon – if you are planning to run the Leicester Marathon and wish to be entered for the County Championships please contact , with details of your eligibility (birth in Notts or 9 months’ minimum residence in the county).
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.