1. Club runs 8 February to 13 February inclusive
Friday, 8 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Please wear hi-vis.
Saturday, 8 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 10 February – As it is the second Sunday in the month, we are off to new places! Steve Mason has devised a route from Bradgate, starting from the Beacon Hill upper car park LE12 8SP (parking charge £3 so lift sharing recommended). This takes in trail, road and footpaths and is approximately 10.5 miles, including hills and great scenery. Trail shoes are advised. For those wanting to add distance this can be done easily by adding on laps of the Beacon Hill country park. Please check Facebook for more information.
Tuesday, 12 February Speed/hills: Sophie and Chris are running a session together. Please see the Club’s Facebook page for further information.
Tuesday, 12 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners 8 week couch to 5K programme is currently under way.
Wednesday, 13 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the . Please wear hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 17 February, East Midlands League, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
Saturday, 23 February, National XC Championships, Harewood House, Leeds
3. Notts AAA Fell Race County Championships
Seefor full information.
4. Races not on the Calendar
Ed Prickett Relays: if you fancy being part of a relay team – Saturday, 16 March at University Park, Nottingham – please contact. The course is 3.8K long, registration (opening 12 Noon) and the start/finish area will be based on the Downs, with parking at Cripps Car Park. See for more information. It’s great fun! £4 per person.
The Nomad Ultra, Saturday 22 June: Message from Holly McCain – I am looking to put together a Beeston AC relay team(s) for the Nomad Ultra on 22 June. It’s 6 runners per team where each person runs part of the 50-mile route (the shortest leg is about 5 miles, the longest is about 10).
It's a brilliant local ultra-marathon run by our friends over at Long Eaton Running Club, running a large loop around Derby, with BAC members having won the 50 mile solo race the past two years! Relays entry fee: Early Bird £12 per runner X 6 = £72 before end of March.
Ideally need 6 definites with a couple of subs, if more people want to do it we could enter two teams. Info and previous years' results on the link below. Alternatively I would encourage anyone to enter as a 50K or 50mile solo runner if you fancy a lovely local ultra-marathon practically on your doorstep! Please contact Holly either by email or on Facebook if you would like to be in the team. http://www.thenomadultra.com/
5. Membership Renewal: message from Juliet Jones, Treasurer
It’s time for Beeston AC membership renewals. The price is kept at £20 (£5 second claim). The preferred method is to pay by bank transfer:
Account name: Beeston AC
Sort code: 40-10-06
Account number: 62266253
Please letknow when you have transferred membership money.
Alternatively, membership can be paid by cheque, payable to Beeston AC. Please send cheques to: 52 Lilac Grove, Beeston Rylands, Nottingham NG9 1PE.
Social and Club Events
6. Jane Lewis has posted on Facebook that a quiz is being organised at the, Chilwell High Road Beeston, for Tuesday, 12th March. Tables are reserved from 8.00 pm and the quiz starts at 8.30 pm. £1 per person to take part and a free pizza for every team – there’s a limit of 40 places so let know asap if you would like a place!
7. Open Meeting: There will be an open meeting on Wednesday, 27 March, 8.00 pm at the Victoria Hotel (upstairs room) to discuss anything the membership wishes to raise but particularly upcoming events like the Trent 5 and Broxtowe 5K. This meeting will also include a very short Extraordinary General Meeting to allow for the election of the new Coaching Coordinator (see below).
8. Message from Simon Elliott re Club T-Shirts (short and long sleeve): We are about to order some more club vests for stock so have the opportunity to get t-shirts made at the same time if anyone needs one. Sizing is important – please see the club website….. Short £17.50 Long £20. Orders to me by Friday February 8th please. Message or .
Cheers, Simon Elliott
9. Coaching Coordinator Vacancy on Committee: you will have seen notification earlier in the week that Mike Blades has decided to stand down from this role for personal reasons. Many thanks to Mike to his invaluable contribution in the role and all the best for the future, including his wedding to Claire.
The job description for this role is attached and Mike is very happy to discuss this with any interested candidates. Alternatively please speak to any member of the Committee for further details. If you are interested in taking on the job, please submit your name, together with the names of a proposer and seconder, to me as Club Secretary by 22nd February.
10. Well done: to everyone who did the Colwick XC race on Sunday, including those who ran there as well! Many congratulations to the newly crowned Ladies XC Champion, Lucy Grant.
11. Welcome: to Em Bish and Lousie O’Reilly, new members of the Club – happy running with Beeston AC! Louise has already christened her vest at Colwick!
12. Spring Trips: a couple of possibilities are suggested: Kiev, Ukraine Half Marathon and 10K, 7 April 2019 and Nice, France Half Marathon and 10K, 5 May 2019. If you are interested please email.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.