1. Club runs 1 February to 6 February inclusive
Friday, 1 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Please remember to wear hi-vis.
Saturday, 2 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 3 February – There is a cross country race at 11.00 am this day with some people planning to run from Beeston to Colwick beforehand, so please check or post on Facebook first to see if others intend to do the usual Sunday run (which would normally be from , Stanton Gate, meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am).
Tuesday, 5 February Speed/hills: Sophie will be leading another track session at Rutland Sports Centre, Ilkeston DE7 5GH. Please meet by the track there at 6.15 pm for a 6.20 pm start. Please pay your fee (around £2.75) at reception before coming down. Sophie will post on Facebook on Sunday with further details and arrangements for car share.
Tuesday, 5 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners 8 week couch to 5K programme is currently under way.
Wednesday, 6 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the . Please note a request has been received from Chilwell Olympia for car keys not to be left behind the reception; we can do a call out about this at the start of the run to make alternative arrangements at the start of the run. Please remember your hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 3 February, East Midlands League, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB, 11 am
Sunday, 17 February, East Midlands League, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
Saturday, 23 February, National XC Championships, Harewood House, Leeds
3. Notts AAA Fell Race County Championships
Please see attached information for the new format for the Fell Race County Championships, with 3 races in the series.
Ed Prickett Relays: if you fancy being part of a relay team – Saturday, 16 March at University Park, Nottingham – please contact. The course is 3.8K long, registration (opening 12 Noon) and the start/finish area will be based on the Downs, with parking at Cripps Car Park. See for more information. It’s great fun! £4 per person.
4. Membership Renewal: message from Juliet Jones, Treasurer
It’s time for Beeston AC membership renewals. The price is kept at £20 (£5 second claim). The preferred method is to pay by bank transfer:
Account name: Beeston AC
Sort code: 40-10-06
Account number: 62266253
Please letknow when you have transferred membership money.
Alternatively, membership can be paid by cheque, payable to Beeston AC. Please send cheques to: 52 Lilac Grove, Beeston Rylands, Nottingham NG9 1PE.
Social and Club Events
5. Jane Lewis has posted on Facebook that a quiz is being organised at the Berliner, Chilwell High Road Beeston, for Tuesday, 12th March. Tables are reserved from 8.00 pm and the quiz starts at 8.30 pm. £1 per person to take part and a free pizza for every team – there’s a limit of 40 places so let Jane know asap if you would like a place!
6. Open Meeting: There will be an open meeting on Wednesday, 27 March, 8.00 pm at the Victoria Hotel (upstairs room) to discuss anything the membership wishes to raise but particularly upcoming events like the Trent 5 and Broxtowe 5K. This meeting will also include a very short Extraordinary General Meeting to allow for the election of the new Coaching Coordinator (see below).
7. Message from Simon Elliott re Club T-Shirts (short and long sleeve): We are about to order some more club vests for stock so have the opportunity to get t-shirts made at the same time if anyone needs one. Sizing is important – please see the club website…. Cheers, Simon Elliott. Short £17.50 Long £20. Orders to me by Friday February 8th please. Message or .
Mike Blades is also placing an order for hoodies, sizes range from kids’ sizes to XS to XXL and are a standard fit. £20 each. Please let Mike know on the Facebook post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
8. Coaching Coordinator Vacancy on Committee: you will have received notification earlier in the week that Mike Blades has decided to stand down from this role for personal reasons. Many thanks to Mike to his invaluable contribution in the role and all the best for the future, including his wedding to Claire. 🎉
The job description for this role is attached and Mike is very happy to discuss this with any interested candidates. Alternatively please speak to any member of the Committee for further details. If you are interested in taking on the job, please submit your name, together with the names of a proposer and seconder, to me as Club Secretary by 22nd February.
9. Well done: to everyone who went to Leamington for the Midlands Cross Country race at the weekend, especially braving the ditch!
10. Spring Trips: a couple of possibilities are suggested: Kiev, Ukraine Half Marathon and 10K, 7 April 2019 and Nice, France Half Marathon and 10K, 5 May 2019. If you are interested please email.
11. Run for Hope 5K and 10K Charity Dash: this race is taking place on Sunday, 17 February 9.30 am, £25 for 10K (adults) and £15 for the 5K with some concessions for students etc. Please see attached poster.
12. Notts Ramblers Paths for Everyone Campaign: Some of you may remember recent information about a campaign to claim the path alongside the rail line near Attenborough Sailing Club. The Notts Ramblers are submitting about 125 User Evidence Statements in support, and are now working on more parts of a long bridleway route for walkers, cyclists and horse riders along the Trent between Holme Pierrepont and Cranfleet Lock. If you would like to assist with the claim please get in touch and I will forward on the forms.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.