1. Club runs 15 February to 20 February inclusive
Friday, 15 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on .
Saturday, 16 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 17 February – There is an East Midlands XC race at West Park, Long Eaton, on this day (see below) and so it is highly likely some people will be running there (possibly via Trent Lock). If you wish to run from, Stanton Gate or another venue, (meeting time usually 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), please post on Facebook to see if anyone else fancies meeting up.
Tuesday, 19 February Speed/hills: Dave Bish is in charge; please see the Club’s Facebook page for further information. Meet at 6.15 pm at the start of the access road to the Uni of NottinghamNR7 2RD for a warm up, session to follow.
Tuesday, 19 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners 8 week couch to 5K programme is currently under way.
Wednesday, 20 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the . Please wear hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 17 February, East Midlands League, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA, 11.00/11.05 am start followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club. Please see the attachment for further instructions on parking. 2 x 2.5K laps for the women, 3 x 2.5K laps for the men (approximate distances), studded XC/fell shoes or short spikes recommended. The presentation will be made as soon as possible after the race in the café/bar area at Long Eaton RFC Clubhouse; other training groups will be there so no changing rooms will be available though there are toilets. If driving there, please use the competitors' parking area, approx. 100m beyond West Park Leisure Centre main entrance, opposite Georges Fish Restaurant.
Saturday, 23 February, National XC Championships, Harewood House, Leeds (final race of the cross country season).
Sunday, 17 March, Wolfs Pit Fell Race
Wednesday, 24 April: Summer League race 1, Hexgreave, 7.15 pm
3. Races not on the Calendar
Ed Prickett Relays: if you fancy being part of a relay team – Saturday, 16 March at University Park, Nottingham – please contact. The course is 3.8K long, registration (opening 12 Noon) and the start/finish area will be based on the Downs, with parking at Cripps Car Park. See for more information. It’s great fun! £4 per person.
The Nomad Ultra, Saturday 22 June: Message from Holly McCain – I am looking to put together a Beeston AC relay team(s) for the Nomad Ultra on 22 June. It’s 6 runners per team where each person runs part of the 50-mile route (the shortest leg is about 5 miles, the longest is about 10). It's a brilliant local ultra-marathon run by our friends over at Long Eaton Running Club, running a large loop around Derby, with BAC members having won the 50 mile solo race the past two years! Relays entry fee: Early Bird £12 per runner X 6 = £72 before end of March. Ideally need 6 definites with a couple of subs, if more people want to do it we could enter two teams.
Info and previous years' results on the link below. Alternatively I would encourage anyone to enter as a 50K or 50mile solo runner if you fancy a lovely local ultra-marathon practically on your doorstep! Please contact http://www.thenomadultra.com/either by email or on Facebook if you would like to be in the team.
4. Membership Renewal: message from Juliet Jones, Treasurer
It’s time for Beeston AC membership renewals. The price is kept at £20 (£5 second claim). The preferred method is to pay by bank transfer:
Account name: Beeston AC
Sort code: 40-10-06
Account number: 62266253
Please letknow when you have transferred membership money.
Alternatively, membership can be paid by cheque, payable to Beeston AC. Please send cheques to: 52 Lilac Grove, Beeston Rylands, Nottingham NG9 1PE.
Social and Club Events
5. Jane Lewis has posted on Facebook that a quiz is being organised at the, Chilwell High Road Beeston, for Tuesday, 12th March. Tables are reserved from 8.00 pm and the quiz starts at 8.30 pm. £1 per person to take part and a free pizza for every team – there’s a limit of 40 places so let know asap if you would like a place!
6. Open Meeting: There will be an open meeting on Wednesday, 27 March, 8.00 pm at the Victoria Hotel (upstairs room) to discuss anything the membership wishes to raise but particularly upcoming events like the Trent 5 and Broxtowe 5K. This meeting will also include a very short Extraordinary General Meeting to allow for the election of the new Coaching Coordinator (see below).
7. Coaching Coordinator Vacancy on Committee: Mike Blades is standing down from this role for personal reasons. The job description is on the Club website and Mike or other Committee members are very happy to discuss this with any interested candidates. If you are interested in taking on the job, please submit your name, together with the names of a proposer and seconder, to me as Club Secretary by 22nd February.
8. Well done: to Charlie’s Angels, running 5K in the dark at the Embankment last Thursday, winning a cellar of wine by the looks of it! Thanks also to Steve Mason for setting up the Beacon Hill/Bradgate Park route for last Sunday’s run in slightly inclement weather! We loved the rain, hills and mud! If anybody else has any ideas for good routes for Sunday runs please get in touch.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.