1. Club runs 6 to 11 September inclusive
Friday, 6 September – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the , from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . The Great Longstone fell race takes place this evening as well.
Saturday, 7 September – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ. It’s pacer Saturday as well.
Sunday, 8 September – the Sunday run will be from, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am, start run at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 10 September speed: This will be a track session at Bramcote (parking on Moor Lane NG9 3GA or Leisure Centre car park). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 10 September : Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 11 September – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. There may be drinks afterwards in the .
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Fell: Friday, 6th September: Great Longstone, 6.30 pm, DE45 1TS
Road: Sunday, 29th September: Robin Hood Half Marathon, 9.30 am, NG2 2JY.
Road: Sunday, 6th October: Goose Fair Gallop 10K, 9.30 am, America Farm, Annesley, NG15 0AT
Road: Sunday, 13th October: Stilton Stumble 10K, 10.00 am, Cropwell Bishop Memorial Hall, NG12 3BA.
Fell: Sunday, 10th October: Undulator, 10.30 am, Wirksworth, the Lime Kiln DE4 4NR.
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at .
3. Other upcoming races
*: (message from Andy Hunter)
These are taking place on Saturday 19 October, Peak District Lady Bower Area. Teams of 6 are required for 4 legs: Short, Pair, Nav Pair and Long. Please get in touch withvia email if you are interested as I am trying to put in a team. Entries are open and it will soon fill up. So far Holly has shown an interest, we could have a male/ female or a mixed team. NOTE: as this is a national competition, the Club will pay half the entry fee for members taking part in this event.
Nigel Turner has posted a reminder that the Moorgreen Duathlon is taking place on 13 October – registration is at . 9 am, Colliers Wood, Newthorpe NG16 2FF. £18 to enter plus £5 day membership of British Triathlon Federation.
4. Notts AAA County Championships: Marathon – if you are planning to run the Leicester Marathon and wish to be entered for the County Championships please contact, with details of your eligibility – you are eligible if you have either been born in Nottinghamshire, or by nine months’ continuous bona fide residence in the county immediately prior to the race. See for full information.
5. Social events – Beeston AC goes to the dogs: A night at the Dogs is on offer. This is at Nottingham Greyhound Stadium, 6.00 pm Friday 27th September, £5 all of which will be donated to the Brain Tumour Charity. Bets taken from 50p, food available, dress smart casual. Please letor Phil Herd know if you would like a ticket.
6. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend, some fantastic results from the Notts County Fell Championships (in particular Greg Hopkinson, men's winner and Em Bish, silver in category) and great PBs for lots of Beestonites at the Wilne 10K! Well done!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.