1. Club runs 30 August to 4 September inclusive
Friday, 30 August – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the , from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on .
Saturday, 31 August – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ. It is also the Longshaw race today; good luck everyone tackling this!
Sunday, 1 September CHANGE OF MEETING POINT – the Sunday run will be from(meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
It’s the Exterminator and Wilne 10K today and a lot of Club members will be doing these races – good luck!
Tuesday, 3 September hills: This will be a hills session at University Park (parking / meeting near the David Ross Sports Centre, NG7 2RD). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm on Jubilee Avenue. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 3 September : Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 4 September – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. There may be drinks afterwards in the .
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Fell: Saturday, 31st August: Longshaw Sheep Dog Trials, 10.30 am, £5, start from Longshaw Lodge, S11 7TZ (see below)
Road: Sunday, 1st September: Wilne 10K, 10 am, sold out.
Fell: Sunday, 1st September:, 10.30 am, The Cricket Inn S17 3AZ.
Fell: Friday, 6th September: Great Longstone, 6.30 pm, DE45 1TS
Road: Sunday, 29th September: Robin Hood Half Marathon, 9.30 am, NG2 2JY.
Road: Sunday, 6th October: Goose Fair Gallop 10K, 9.30 am, America Farm, Annesley, NG15 0AT
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at .
3. Other upcoming races
* The third race in the Notts AAA Fell County Championships takes place on 31st August; the final Notts AAA 2019 individual champs race (best 2 results from 3 [or exceptionally 1 race only]) & the one off team champs race for men & women (first 3 of any age to count per club) are at the Longshaw race on August 31st at 10.30am. Distance = 8.6km (5.3miles) with 320m (1050ft) of climb & this is in 'proper' fell terrain so studded fell shoes are advised. Entry to the sheepdog trials is £5 & includes the race entry fee. Register at the race desk THEN at the Notts desk & bring full kit of waterproof top (with hood) & leggings both with taped seams, hat & gloves, compass, whistle & race map, & emergency food ie gels / flapjack / choc bar etc. Race map & details (which you MUST read) are here:
Please arrive in good time as this is a popular race & long queues at registration can occur. Notts medal presentations asap after the race. Drinks incl. real ale & food at the show & National Trust cafe also on site.
* British Fell Relays: (message from Andy Hunter)
These are taking place on Saturday 19 October, Peak District Lady Bower Area. Teams of 6 are required for 4 legs: Short, Pair, Nav Pair and Long. Please get in touch withvia email if you are interested as I am trying to put in a team. Entries are open and it will soon fill up. So far Holly and Dave Bish have shown an interest, we could have a male/ female or probably mixed team.
Nigel Turner has posted a reminder that the Moorgreen Duathlon is taking place on 13 October – registration is at . 9 am, Colliers Wood, Newthorpe NG16 2FF. £18 to enter plus £5 day membership of British Triathlon Federation.
4. Notts AAA County Championships: Marathon – if you are planning to run the Leicester Marathon and wish to be entered for the County Championships please contact, with details of your eligibility – you are eligible if you have either been born in Nottinghamshire, or by nine months’ continuous bona fide residence in the county immediately prior to the race. See for full information.
5. Welcome to: Janet Barnes who has just joined the Club; happy running with BAC!
6. Social events – Beeston AC goes to the dogs: Thanks to Jane for a great picnic! A good time was had by all. A night at the Dogs is on offer. This is at Nottingham Greyhound Stadium, 6.00 pm Friday 27th September, £5 all of which will be donated to the Brain Tumour Charity. Bets taken from 50p, food available, dress smart casual. Please letknow if you would like a ticket.
6. Well done to everyone who ran at the weekend, including our intrepid picnickers!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.