Membership fees are now due (please ignore this reminder if you have already paid): the preferred method is to pay by bank transfer to account 62266253, sort code 40-10-06. It’s still £20 and once you’ve paid please let Juliet Jones know. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, payable to Beeston AC, and send to Mrs J Jones, 56 Thoresby Road, Bramcote, Nottingham NG9 3EN. England Athletics fees are due very soon and EA membership will be renewed for 2020/21 from 1 April for everyone who has paid.
Cross Country League: final results are attached. The final race in the East Midlands League (provisionally planned for 15 March) has been cancelled – the good news is that Beeston AC won 5 of the trophies available!
A good time was had by all on the recent trip to Malta; if anyone has ideas for an autumn trip with half/10K attached do let us know! One suggestion is Gran Canaria.
1. Club runs 13 to 18 March 2020 inclusive
Saturday, 14 March – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. Looking forward to seeing Nigel safely back from his travels to Wollaton Hall parkrun!
Sunday, 15 March – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails. If you have any suggestions for different routes for our Sunday runs, please get in touch. We are hoping to return to Colliers Wood when the ground is dryer, potentially June.
Good luck to those taking on the Ashby 20 and any other races this weekend.
Tuesday, 17 March speed: Meet at Cator Lane Tram Stop at 6.20 pm for warm up and 6.30 start. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 17 March: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 18 March: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia, meet in foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distances 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the Vic. Check club Facebook page for route details. Please wear hi-viz.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Fell: Sunday, 29th March, Wolf’s Pit (see below – entries still available)
Road: Sunday 5th April, Belvoir Half Marathon (entries available, including on the day), www.hosevillage.org.uk/bhm.htm
Road: Wednesday, 22 April Summer League race 1 – Hexgreave, www.nottsaaa.org
Fell: Sunday 26th April, Kinder Downfall – NOW FULL – www.fabian4.co.uk
Fell: Wednesday 29th April, Tiger’s Trail – http://www.totleyac.org.uk/tigers-trail/
Road: Sunday, 10 May, Sinfin 10K – http://www.sinfinrunningclub.co.uk/sinfin-classic-10k/
The Club race calendar is at http://beestonac.com/events/category/events
3. Jago’s 5K social run for charity: Julia Barham’s son Jago is organising a 5K social run for charity. Jago is going to Cambodia in the summer for 4 weeks, trekking between remote villages to help the villagers build school rooms, basic housing and help to provide clean water. To do this he has to raise £4K. This event is taking place on Thursday, 6 April, 6.30 pm £5 entry on the day with cake sales after at Beeston Weirfields on the parkrun route. Please come along! There will also be spot prizes.
4. Beeston parkrun takeover: the new date for this: Saturday 5 April which will be the sixth anniversary of Beeston parkrun’s inaugural event! If you would like to volunteer please get in touch with Simon Barnes either direct or via the parkrun email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope our C25K people will also be there. Thanks to those of you who have already volunteered!
5. Notts AAA Fell County Championships: Full information is on the website at https://www.nottsaaa.org/landingpage/fell-running . Online race entry is now open for Race 1, Wolf’s Pit, Sunday 29 March 2020 at www.fabian4.co.uk . The second and third races in the series are Chrome Hill 27th June and Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Saturday 5th September.
6. Entries for the Worksop Half Marathon, Sunday 25th October are now open at https://www.worksophalfmarathon.co.uk/. This is on the Club calendar and incorporates the Notts AAA County Championships.
7. Welland Valley Trail Run Series: this is a new series of trail races – see https://www.wilddogevents.com/upcoming-events for further details for those who enjoy trail running.
8. Entries are open for the Holme Pierrepont Grand Prix at https://hprcrun.co.uk/gp/: 4 miles 23 June, 5K* 25 June, 5 miles 30 June and 10K* 2 July (* certified).
9. Entries also open for the Newstead Abbey Dash, Friday 24th July at https://www.redhillroadrunners.com/our-races (County Champs) together with news that the Gedling Country Park 10K will be returning on Bank Holiday Monday 31 August 2020 (change of time of year – some people got hypothermia last time this was run!).
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.