Special two-week bumper edition – first Club trip of the year to Malta this weekend. 😎
Congratulations to our Couch 2 5K stars who graduated in pouring rain and wind last Saturday! They are hoping to make a return to Beeston parkrun on a sunnier Saturday. Further news below about a new date for our parkrun takeover – 5 April.
The Beeston parkrun team is looking for a couple more lady pacers for the special event on International Women’s Day, 7 March. There are pacers for 21/22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 35, 38 and 40, but if there is any lady willing to pace for anything quicker or in between that would be appreciated. Thanks!
Membership fees are now due (thanks to those of you who have already paid): the preferred method is to pay by bank transfer to account 62266253, sort code 40-10-06. It’s still £20 and once you’ve paid please let Juliet Jones know. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, payable to Beeston AC, and send to Mrs J Jones, 56 Thoresby Road, Bramcote, Nottingham NG9 3EN.
1. Club runs 28 February to 11 March 2020 inclusive
Friday, 28 February – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards. Please wear hi-viz.
Saturday, 29 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ; however, the team will be checking the running conditions right up to Saturday morning so please check the website at http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/ for updates and keep an eye on Facebook too.
Sunday, 1 March – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails.
Good luck to those taking on the Belvoir Challenge, the Malta Half and any other races this weekend.
Tuesday, 3 March speed: Meet at the University Boulevard tram stop for 6.20 pm; the group will then run down the Boulevard for a speed session on the Boots footpath and bridge. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 3 March: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. Many congratulations to the C25K participants who have now completed their course.
Wednesday, 4 March: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia, meet in foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distances 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the Vic. Check club Facebook page for route details. Please wear hi-viz.
Friday, 6 March – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards. Please wear hi-viz.
Saturday, 7 March – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ; website at http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/ for updates.
Sunday, 8 March – it’s the second Sunday in the month so please meet at Chilwell Olympia, 8.55 for a 9.00 am depart. Details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 10 March speed: This will be at Ghost House Lane. Meet outside the school on Eskdale Drive NG9 5NA, at 6.20 pm for a warm up; session to start 6.30 pm.
Tuesday, 10 March: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 11 March: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia, meet in foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distances 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the Vic. Check club Facebook page for route details. Please wear hi-viz.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Road: Sunday 8 March, Weston Run (5 mile race)
Fell: Sunday, 29th March, Wolf’s Pit
Road: Sunday 5th April, Belvoir Half Marathon, www.hosevillage.org.uk/bhm.htm
Road: Wednesday, 22 April Summer League race 1 – Hexgreave, www.nottsaaa.org
Fell: Sunday 26th April, Kinder Downfall – entries open 1 March at www.fabian4.co.uk
Fell: Wednesday 29th April, Tiger’s Trail – http://www.totleyac.org.uk/tigers-trail/
Road: Sunday, 10 May, Sinfin 10K – http://www.sinfinrunningclub.co.uk/sinfin-classic-10k/
The Club race calendar is at http://beestonac.com/events/category/events
3. Notts AAA Fell County Championships: Full information is on the website at https://www.nottsaaa.org/landingpage/fell-running . Online race entry is now open for Race 1, Wolf’s Pit, Sunday 29 March 2020 at www.fabian4.co.uk . The second and third races in the series are Chrome Hill 27th June and Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Saturday 5th September.
4. Club Cross Country Championship: many congratulations to Phil Herd on winning the men’s league at the National XC Championships on 22 February. Well done all on completing the mud bath there and to all our marshals too. An announcement from the ECCA is attached for information. We were fortunate in that runners and public were fine and appreciative in our part of the course.
5. Beeston parkrun takeover: as we weren’t able to take over the roster on 22 February due to cancellation, we have a new date for this: Saturday 5 April which will be the sixth anniversary of Beeston parkrun’s inaugural event! If you would like to volunteer please get in touch with Simon Barnes, either on the Facebook post, direct or via the parkrun email at email@example.com.
6. Welcome to: Bob Floyd, new member of the Club; happy running with Beeston AC!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.