Deadline for Athlete of the Year nominations: Friday, 25 October, 12 Noon.
Don’t forget it’s the Single Gravs Handicap on Wednesday 20th November – meet at Trent Vale Sports Ground, Beeston Rylands, first runner off at 6.30 pm. The ‘prize’ giving will be at 7.30 pm at the Marina Bar followed by the AGM starting at 8.00 pm approx.
The guest handicapper is Paul Dennis. As there is likely to be a massive entry it would help Paul to know as soon as possible if you intend running – please contact him via email –. Please put Single Gravs in the subject line/title to ensure that Paul picks up your email. Closing date for entries: Friday 15 November
Due to the long term bridge closure between the Strand and Long Lane crossing, there will be a revised route which is approximately 5.6K, same start and finish – details will be released nearer the time.
This is a head torch run and a lead bike will be provided for the first runner off so they aren’t running alone in the dark! We look forward to seeing many Beestonites competing for the final club handicap of the year!
1. Club runs 25 to 30 October inclusive
Friday, 25 October – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Remember to wear hi-viz! This is a head torch run so bring your head torch if you have one.
Saturday, 26 October – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ. Rugby or parkrun – tough decisions!
Sunday, 27 October – the Sunday run will be from, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. Rugby or Sunday run?!
Tuesday, 29 October speed/hills: thanks to Phil for a new session on the Boots bridge. Looked good if somewhat spooky! Back by popular demand, it’s the tram track session! Meet at Cator Lane tram stop at 6.15 for a warm up and session will start 6.30 pm. Details for the session to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 29 October: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. An 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way (week 4).
Wednesday, 30 October – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Please wear hi-viz. Drinks afterwards in the .
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Road: Sunday, 27 October, 10 am: Worksop Half Marathon S80 2SF
Fell: Sunday, 3 November, 11 am: Dovedale Dash, DE6 2AW
Cross country: Saturday 9 November, West Glebe Park, Corby NN17 1SZ (North Mids)
Fell: Sunday, 10 November, Roaches, Meerbrook ST13 8SL, 10.30 am
Road: Sunday, 10 November, Derby 10: 10 am, Derby Velodrome DE24 8JB
Cross country: Saturday 7 December, Shipley Park, Heanor DE75 7GX (North Mids)
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park.
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at .
3. Other races – for information for anyone undertaking a spring marathon, entries open for the(7 pm) and on Monday, 28 October; the Stamford Striders may be checking the ‘couples’ a bit more closely next year when it comes to handing out the boxes of chocolates! Ashby sells out very quickly.
Entries are still open for theas well!
3. Social events
– Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference.
– Christmas ‘Mystery’ pub crawl: this will be on Wednesday 11 December departing Beeston, 7.00 pm. Venue accessible by bus, tram, train or paddleboard! Further details nearer the time! Paddleboard? Interesting!
5. AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Short Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. The AGM agenda will be circulated a couple of days before the meeting. Are you interested in taking on the Social Secretary role?can give further information to anyone who fancies this.
6. Request for Nominations for Athlete of the Year: A document is attached outlining the procedure for nominations of the Athlete of the Year. Please could nominations, including the names of proposer, seconder and a brief summary of the reasons for the nomination of the individual concerned be sent to Chris Bexton (Club Secretary) by TOMORROW, 25 October 12 Noon. Details of how to vote plus a link will be circulated next week.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend – a very enthusiastic team tackled the heights in the national Fell Relay Championships, and others took on the Undulator, the Leicester 10K and Sherwood Pines 10K plus the Yorkshire Marathon – special mention for Kim Butler successfully completing her first marathon! Kudos!
8. Good luck: to our teams participating in the British Masters XC Relays at West Park on Saturday, and everyone doing the Worksop Half – hope you have a great run (and not too wet)!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.