1. Club runs 18 to 23 October inclusive
Friday, 18 October – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on Facebook. Remember to wear hi-viz! Many thanks in advance to Gaby and Alec for taking charge.
Saturday, 19 October – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 20 October – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 22 October speed/hills: meet at the University Boulevard tram stop (Beeston end) for 6.20 pm; we will then run down the Boulevard for a speed session on the new Boots footpath and bridge which should be well lit. Further details to follow on Facebook. What a turn out this week! Well done all.
Tuesday, 22 October: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A new 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way (week 3).
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Fell: Sunday, 20th October: The Undulator, 10.30 am, Wirksworth, Lime Kiln DE4 4NR.
Road: Sunday, 27th October: Worksop Half Marathon S80 2SF. Last few places.
Other Dates for North Midlands Cross Country League (Saturdays):
9th November, West Glebe Park, Derby
7th December, Shipley Park, Heanor
11 January, Wollaton Park.
Dates for East Midlands Cross Country League:
Sunday, 5th January 2020 (Bramcote)
12th January, Holme Pierrepont
2nd February Colwick
and 9th February West Park, Long Eaton. Full details to follow nearer the time.
Road race league information is located on the Club website at: http://beestonac.com/events/category/events/bac-road-race-league-2019 . The fell race calendar is available at http://beestonac.com/cross-country-races.
3. Social events – Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference.
4. Oxjam – this weekend sees the extremely enjoyable Oxjam festival in Beeston and Club member Michael Lyons has posted a request on our Facebook page to see if anyone would like to volunteer for a few hours on the day – have a great time all! Sorry to miss it, it’s a great event and fund raiser.
5. Notice of AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Short Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. Some vacancies are coming up on the Committee: Fell Secretary (Dave Bish has indicated an interest in this), Cross Country Secretary (Charlie Pearce has expressed interest in this) and Social Secretary (Jane is happy to speak to anyone interested in this job, and willing to partner anyone wishing to take it on in the first instance). A link with the AGM agenda will be circulated to first claim registered members.
6. Request for Nominations for Athlete of the Year: A document is attached outlining the procedure for nominations of the Athlete of the Year. Please could nominations, including the names of proposer, seconder and a brief resume of the reasons for the nomination of the individual concerned, be sent to Chris Bexton (Club Secretary), by Friday, 25 October 12 Noon.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend at Markeaton Park, Stilton Stumble, Moorgreen Duathlon and other races – good luck to everyone running this coming weekend, including those participating in the National Fell/Hill Running Relays and Yorkshire Marathon by ‘eck!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.