Voting now open for Athlete of the Year: eligible members will have received an email inviting them to rank their top three nominated athletes in a Survey Monkey poll (1 for first choice, 2 for second, etc), closing date Friday, 15 November Noon. Our nominees include: Julia Barham, Neil Byford, Paul Dennis, Sophie Eadsforth and Greg Hopkinson. Well done all on being nominated!
It’s the Single Gravs Handicap on Wednesday 20th November – meet at Trent Vale Sports Ground, Beeston Rylands, first runner off at 6.30 pm. The ‘prize’ giving will be at 7.30 pm at the Marina Bar followed by the AGM starting at 8.00 pm approx.
The guest handicapper is Paul Dennis. Please help Paul by letting him to know as soon as possible if you intend running – please contact him via email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Single Gravs in the subject line/title to ensure that Paul picks up your email. Closing date for entries: Friday 15 November. If you would like to be a marshal, please let Paul know, he will needs a few volunteers.
Due to the long term bridge closure between the Strand and Long Lane crossing, there will be a revised route which is approximately 5.6K, same start and finish – details will be released nearer the time.
This is a head torch run and a lead bike will be provided for the first runner off so they aren’t running alone in the dark! We look forward to seeing many Beestonites competing for the final club handicap of the year!
1. Club runs 1 November to 6 November inclusive
Friday, 1 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on Facebook. Remember to wear hi-viz!
Saturday, 2 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. Rugby or parkrun – even tougher decision this week!
Sunday, 3 November – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. Next Sunday will be the second Sunday in the month when it is usual for our meeting place to be somewhere else – any ideas for a different venue/route are welcome!
Tuesday, 5 November speed: Meet at the University Boulevard tram stop for 6.20 pm; we will then run down the Boulevard for a speed session on the new Boots footpath and bridge. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 5 November: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. An 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday 9 November, West Glebe Park, Corby NN17 1SZ (North Mids)
Fell: Sunday, 10 November, Roaches, Meerbrook ST13 8SL, 10.30 am
Road: Sunday, 10 November, Derby 10: 10 am, Derby Velodrome DE24 8JB (sold out)
Cross country: Saturday 7 December, Shipley Park, Heanor DE75 7GX (North Mids)
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids)
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
Road race league information is located on the Club website at: http://beestonac.com/events/category/events/bac-road-race-league-2019 . The fell race calendar is available at http://beestonac.com/cross-country-races.
3. Social events
– Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference. There is a free room on offer for the evening; you will be put in the draw if you buy your ticket before Friday 29th October. 🎉🎄💃🕴
– Christmas ‘Mystery’ pub crawl: this will be on Wednesday 11 December departing Beeston, 7.00 pm. Venue accessible by bus, tram, train or paddleboard! Further details nearer the time. Will our paddle boarders be coming down the river/canal?! 🏄
5. AGM: The AGM will take place on Wednesday, 20 November following the Single Gravs Handicap at Beeston Marina. The AGM agenda will be circulated a couple of days before the meeting. Are you interested in taking on the Social Secretary role? Jane Lewis can give further information to anyone who fancies this.
6. London Marathon Ballot: the Club has 2 entries for the 2020 London Marathon and names will be drawn out of a hat at the AGM. If you have a rejection letter or email and would like to be included in the Club ballot, please email Mark Rowlson. In order to be eligible you must be a first claim paid up member, have proof of rejection, been a member for a least a year prior to the draw and not run in the London Marathon in the previous two years.
7. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend – a keen(?) set of runners took on the extremely wet BMAF XC championships at West Park Long Eaton on Saturday, with the V55 ladies winning the gold regional medal and silver national medal, and the V65 men winning regional silver!! The next day more runners took on the Worksop Half including additional water feature – well done all and to everyone else running at the weekend!
8. Kit orders: Club kit – we're about to order some more blue buffs so have the opportunity to also get t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts and the international vest / t-shirt (if there is enough demand). If you'd like any of these please let Simon know ASAP with size (see the website for size details).
9. Lakeland Fell Race: for those who have expressed interest in going on this weekend prices are (over 26 years old): bed only £82, B&B £88, BB and Dinner £98. Accommodation will be shared rooms private to Beeston AC in a youth hostel. Please can you pay your deposit of £17.60 to Phil Herd by 10 November, using your name as a reference. Bank details are: 07-02-46 27690214.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.