Hello to you all! Hoping this finds you and your families in good health.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW ABOUT REQUIREMENTS TO BE SATISFIED ON RETURNING TO TRAINING
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of the Frothy Five – Phil Herd and Caitlin Bradbury (halves) and David Beighton (pints). Thanks to all our lovely landladies, Julie Lord, Janet Barnes and Karen Barnfield and a special thank you to the organisers Paul and Penny Page – great job and well done to all participants!
Photos are attached (thanks to Steve Miles for his excellent photos on the day).
Club Run – first one Wednesday, 5 August, 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia (note Penny and Chris will also have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time)
Following the recent guidance issued by England Athletics, the Committee has been considering how best to meet the conditions set and will be trialling this on Wednesdays at first, before hopefully re-introducing sessions on Fridays from Chilwell, Tuesdays (speed) and Sundays (long run).
The first step has been to appoint a Covid-19 Officer, and this will be Neil Byford our Coaching Coordinator. The Committee has also approved a risk assessment document and a COVID action plan as required.
Another condition is that all clubs and coaches must capture pre-activity health questionnaires, including participant contact details which can be shared upon request with the government’s Test and Trace initiative. As the Club should have contact details on file, we will not be requiring current members to complete forms when attending club runs, but our policy will be that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge. Registered members of the Club are asked on an annual basis to check their EA profiles and ensure contact details are correct (this be accessed at https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/ – please contact Chris if you cannot remember your EA Registration Number). We would be very grateful if you could ensure your information is correct, in particular for this reason.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
1. Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that I believe I have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days (eg new cough, new shortness of breath, new sore throat, loss of taste or smell, temperature at or above 37.8°C) or had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed Covid-19, nor have a household member who has been isolating.
2. Only attend training sessions on the basis that I am in good health and willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity.
3. Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start so that an accurate register can be taken, and arrangements made to split members into groups (eg by planned speed, distance or route). Please note runners should NOT join runs part way through as the Covid-19 Coordinator will not have their name on the run register.
4. Arrive ready for training, ie in kit with recently washed/sanitised hands, as facilities at Chilwell Olympia (changing rooms, toilets and showers) will remain unavailable for the foreseeable future.
5. Convene at a safe distance from Chilwell Olympia Leisure Centre so that access to the building is unimpeded for Centre users.
6. Undertake not to share your water bottle or refreshment container with another runner, but to bring your own container for personal use if required. Runners are asked to avoid spitting or rinsing out their mouths near the meeting point.
7. Undertake not to stay at the meeting point after the run but return home.
8. If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
In the first instance we are hoping not to take a physical register but capture attendees in their groups by photo – to be held for a short period before deletion.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form.
News about races on the calendar
The Club Road Race calendar is at https://beestonac.com/events/category/events/road-running At this stage the only races remaining appear to be the Belvoir Half Marathon (rearranged for Saturday 19 September at 10.00 am but registration currently on hold) and the Derby 10 on Sunday, 15 November 10.00 am (entry still available on RunBritain). A reminder that Sophie Eadsforth and Harry Taylor are currently heading the league after the Weston 5.
The Notts AAA fell race championship will just be the single race at Longshaw on Saturday 5 September, if this is allowed to go ahead. If this is cancelled Dicky Wilkinson will look for a replacement race in the autumn if racing is permitted.
The only remaining road race on the Notts AAA County Championship road list is the Marathon scheduled for 5 December at Holme Pierrepont, again only if this is allowed to go ahead. The 5K, 10K, 10 mile are all confirmed as cancelled along with the Worksop half marathon. The date for Worksop has been confirmed as Sunday 31 October 2021.
Stanton Gate Closure 3 – 21 August
For anyone wishing to run from Stanton Gate, please note that the road at Stanton Gate, Sandiacre – Moorbridge Lane will be closed from Monday, 3 to Friday 21 August 2020 for gas main replacement works. The alternative route is via Ilkeston Road – Lenton Street – Town Street – B5010 Stanton Road/Derby Road – B6003 Church Street / Pasture Road – Moorbridge Lane and vice versa.
The footbridge accessed from The Strand past Attenborough Cricket Club leading to the Bund – river side is now open for pedestrians only. Hurray!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.