Hi all – please find information about next week’s club runs below.
Well done to Greg Hopkinson on completing the Bob Graham Round in a little over 20 hours! Congratulations also to his support team – Phil Herd and Andy Hunter, then Ben Jeays, Stephen Connor and especially Megan Elliott! What an achievement!
Friday, 4 June: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia. The route will be Toton Sidings and around 6.2 miles. Toilets are available but changing rooms are still not accessible.
Saturday, 5 June: BAC return to racing: This week’s 5K run will be at the track at Bramcote, Moor Lane NG9 3FH, meet at 9.30 am. If anyone is interested in participating please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 6 June: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from Stanton Gate, Moorbridge Lane. John will have hand gel available at the start and end of the run for everyone’s use in view of the numerous stiles etc on route.
Tuesday, 8 June: Speed session – details will be posted on Facebook. Sessions start at 6.30 pm and please arrive early to warm up if appropriate. Most of these sessions are at the Bramcote Track, parking on Moor Lane NG9 3FH.
Wednesday, 9 June: please arrive at 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we would welcome new runners along – no one will get left behind.
These are the conditions for participating in club runs:
In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies and Chris also has copies for the Improvers).
The guidance from England Athletics (updated 28 May 2021 to include guidance on travel) has been published. Please note: the UK Government may update guidance as we progress through the four steps of the roadmap.
Step 3 from 17th May states:
• Athletics & running can take place for educational purposes (schools,
childcare clubs, colleges, and universities).
• Outdoor & Indoor sport facilities can open.
• Formal organised athletics & running (outdoor and indoor) activity that is
Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups
of 30 or less.
• Indoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6
• Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport
without being subject to social contact limits.
• Outdoor and indoor competition can take place (with a license).
• Outdoor and indoor intra club competition (without a license).
• Outdoor spectators; multiple groups of 30 or less (per venue capacity).
• Indoor spectators; multiple groups of 6 or less (per venue capacity).
• Accommodation/hotels are open allowing for two-day events and
larger scale events are allowed with spectators.
• Travel; Plan ahead and travel safely where possible, for areas where the variant is spreading more quickly the advice is to minimise travel into and out of the affected areas. Please check the UK Government website for affected areas.
Advertised Dates for Races – full list on Facebook
The Notts AAA Committee has sadly confirmed that all road County Championships are cancelled for 2021, though some of the races (eg the Newstead Abbey Dash) are still planned to go ahead.
Recent advertisements for races include:
Friday, 25 June, 7.00 pm, Tim Wealthall Miles, Harvey Hadden Stadium, Wigman Road
Sunday, 10 October, 10.00 am: Goosefair Gallop, NG16 2RP
parkrun: confirmation still awaited (recent updates indicate a return on 26 June).
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information.
See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.