Hi all – please find information about next week’s club runs below.
Update on the Trent 5:
The Beeston AC 5 mile race (NottheTrent 5!) will be held in Wollaton Park on Wednesday June 23rd starting at 7pm. Race limit 500 runners, pre-entry only. £8 affiliated, £10 unattached. Entries are via runbritain.
We will be looking for help in organising the event particularly someone to co-ordinate the 20 or so marshals that are needed to get the runners around the course – if you can help with this please don’t hesitate to contact Mark Rowlson or Simon Elliott – plenty of support will be given to you.
We hope that Beeston AC can put on a great race in stunning Wollaton Park and truly get back to racing – and the pub afterwards!
Friday, 21 May: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia. The route will be to Beeston parkrun via The Strand, around 5.7 miles. Toilets are available but changing rooms are still not accessible.
Saturday, 22 May: BAC return to racing: This week’s 5K run will be the new route along Thane Road to Boots. Please meet at the Dr Stewart Adams Bridge off University Boulevard at 9.30 am. If anyone is interested in joining please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 23 May: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from Stanton Gate, Moorbridge Lane. John will have hand gel available at the start and end of the run for everyone’s use in view of the numerous stiles etc on route.
Tuesday, 25 May: Speed session – details will be posted on Facebook. Sessions start at 6.30 pm and please arrive early to warm up if appropriate. Most of these sessions are at the Bramcote Track, parking on Moor Lane NG9 3FH.
Wednesday, 26 May: please arrive at 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we would welcome new runners along – no one will get left behind.
These are the conditions for participating in club runs:
In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies and Chris also has copies for the Improvers).
The guidance from England Athletics (updated 13 May 2021) has been published. Please note: the UK Government may update guidance as we progress through the four steps of the roadmap.
Step 3 from 17th May states:
• Athletics & running can take place for educational purposes (schools,
childcare clubs, colleges, and universities).
• Outdoor & Indoor sport facilities can open.
• Formal organised athletics & running (outdoor and indoor) activity that is
Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults.
• Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups
of 30 or less.
• Indoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6
• Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport
without being subject to social contact limits.
• Outdoor and indoor competition can take place (with a license).
• Outdoor and indoor intra club competition (without a license).
• Outdoor spectators; multiple groups of 30 or less (per venue capacity).
• Indoor spectators; multiple groups of 6 or less (per venue capacity).
• Accommodation/hotels are open allowing for two-day events and
larger scale events are allowed with spectators.
• No restrictions on travel.
The entry form for the Tim Wealthall Mile and supporting mile races is now available at https://nottsac.co.uk/latest-news/tim-wealthall-mile-supporting-mile-races-friday-25th-june-7pm/ – this was great fun last year, well worth a go!
Advertised Dates for Races – fuller list on Facebook
Fell County Championships: Longshaw Sheep Dog Trials, 4 September, 10.30 am.
Other fell races which are now being advertised are as follows:
Wednesday 7 July, DCRO Dash at Castleton 8.5K
Wednesday 14 July, Black Rocks Fell Race, 9.5K
Sunday, 18 July, Brooksie’s Bash, Ticknall (10 mile or 5K trail)
Thursday, 29 July, Brassington Hill Race, Matlock
Thursday, 12 August, Ricky’s Race, 7.1K, Matlock
Sunday, 3 October, Dovedale Dash
parkrun: confirmation still awaited (recent updates are not hopeful but fingers crossed!).
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information.
See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.