Hi all – hoping this newsletter finds you and family well.
Well, last week we moved into Tier 3 and this week things have changed again and we are in what will hopefully be just a 4-week period of national lockdown. England Athletics asked the government to review the situation with regard to running but this did not happen so the current situation as per the EA website is as follows:
“From this Thursday [5 November 2020], the UK Government is requiring everyone in England to stay at home, except for specific purposes, and not gather with other people who do not live in the same household, again except for specific purposes. As a result, the impact on athletics and running will include suspension of the following (we may update this guidance as and when more information from DCMS becomes available, for example, in relation to U18s / disability provision):
· All indoor club group coaching activity
· All outdoor club group coaching activity
· All indoor track and field competitions
· All outdoor competition (track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain)
· All face-to-face coach and officials’ education
What can take place?
The UK Government have confirmed that you can exercise with people from your own household OR with one other person.
For athletics and running this means:
· You can train with your household or one other person in a public outdoor space
· 1:1 coaching can take place in a public outdoor space following social distancing measures (Please note: We are seeking clarity on 1:1 coaching with U18s and disability athletes/runners)
· Virtual training sessions can be delivered by qualified coaches
· Virtual competitions will still take place, and a list of virtual road races can be found here England Athletics will continue to coordinate the Weekly 30
For the time being these are suspended. However, I will circulate any news about these as soon as we receive the green light on being able to return to club training. Let’s do as the guidelines suggest and find one other person to run with during the weeks ahead; the government has clarified this does not always have to be the same person, and we are lucky to have many outdoor public spaces around us.
This will go ahead next Wednesday, 11 November at 8.30 pm, a link will be circulated for a Zoom meeting to all registered club members beforehand.
If you have an item you wish to raise under Any Other Business please could you let me have this by next Monday 9th November.
If you are not able to attend please email/message me for your apologies to be recorded.
In view of the start of lockdown the presentation of the Cross Country League trophies 2019/20 took place last night before the club run – congratulations go to Caitlin Bradbury and Phil Herd (photos attached).
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.