Hi all – please find information about next week’s club runs below.
Friday, 16 April: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia. It’s the Attenborough figure of 8 route in reverse of around 5.5 miles in distance.
Saturday, 17 April: BAC return to racing: This week’s 5K run will be an out and back route from the railway crossing near Attenborough Nature Reserve, meeting there at 9.30 am (just down from the Chilwell Retail Park). If anyone is interested in joining please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 18 April: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from Stanton Gate, Moorbridge Lane. John will have hand gel available at the start and end of the run for everyone’s use in view of the numerous stiles etc on route.
If anyone else has any suggestions for a new route for a Sunday run please get in touch.
Tuesday, 20 April: Speed session – details will be posted on Facebook. In view of numbers we will be meeting at the Moor Lane track, NG9 3GA for the next few weeks. Sessions start at 6.30 pm and please arrive early to warm up if appropriate.
Wednesday, 21 April: 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we would welcome new runners along – no one will get left behind.
These are the conditions for participating in club runs:
In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies of this and Chris has copies for the Improvers).
The guidance from England Athletics (last update 26 March 2021) has been published:
“We have outlined in the ‘athletics and running roadmap’ infographic what this means at each stage. Please note, all these dates are subject to the UK Government’s four-step roadmap to ease restrictions across England and the conditions which must be met before the country is able to move from one step to the next. We are working with our partners, facility operators, competition providers, competition licensing bodies and event providers to aid the return to the activity safely and progressively.”
Step 1 from 29th March now states:
• Outdoor sport facilities can open.
• Formal organised outdoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults (no covid group size limits).
• Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6.
• Outdoor intra club competition can take place (without a licence).
• Outdoor competition can take place (with a licence)
• No indoor training for children and adults.
• Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport without being subject to social contact limits.
• Spectating not allowed.
• Parent/carer supervision permitted (one per athlete/runner).
• Travel permitted (training and competition)
For information: Advertised Dates for Races
Notts AAA Summer League
The provisional dates for these races are:
16 June, Wollaton Park (to be organised by Beeston AC – update awaited)
14 July, Worksop College
28 July, Teversal
18 August, Holme Pierrepont.
Fell County Championships: Longshaw Sheep Dog Trials, 4 September, 10.30
Notts AC is advertising the following races (application forms awaited):
Friday, 25 Jun – Tim Wealthall Miles – great fun last year!
Friday, 2 July – Notts 10 mile
Other races (some road, some multi-terrain):
Sunday, 2 May – a few places remaining for Real Race 5K, Prestwold Hall, 9 am
Saturday, 3 July – Smalley 5 Bells (multi-terrain)
Sunday, 15 August – Belper Rover (30K multi-terrain) (full)
Sunday, 5 September – Wilne 10K – entries now open, £16 at present
Sunday, 26 September – Robin Hood Half Marathon
Sunday, 3 October – Dovedale Dash
Sunday, 14 November – Derby 10 mile
Sunday, 21 November – the Heanor Pudding Run
Cross Country Dates:
Sat 23 Oct 2021 – Midland Counties Relays, TBC
Sat 30 Oct 2021 – British Masters Relays, West Park
Sat 6 Nov 2021 – English National Relays, Mansfield
Sat 20 Nov 2021 – Midland Counties 7 & 5 Mile Championships, TBC
Sat 8 Jan 2022 – Nottinghamshire County Championships, TBC
Sat 29 Jan 2022 – Midland Counties Championships, TBC
Sat 26 Feb 2022 – English National Championships, in the North
Charnwood AC Opens are as follows: Wed 19th May, Wed 16th June, Wed 14th July, Sun 1st August, Wed 11th August, Sat 28th August, Wed 8th September
The Track County Championships are cancelled at present with provisional plans for an open grading meeting later in the year. More news awaited.
There are plans for some junior parkruns to re-start from 11 April onwards, and 5K events in England on 5 June.
Websites for virtual races:
Virtual Runner, website at www.virtualrunneruk.com has lots of different races and challenges available over a variety of distances.
Nice Work – see https://www.nice-work.org.uk/virtual/home .
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information.
See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.