Please note deadline is today for informing Charlie Pearce if you wish to take part in the National Cross Country Championships: your entry must be paid for in order for you to be entered.
Membership fees are also due: please check your mailbox for an email from our Treasurer, Juliet Jones, dated 1 January which includes full details of how to pay.
1. Club runs 10 January to 15 January 2020 inclusive
Friday, 10 January – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 11 January – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 12 January – the Sunday run will be from Chilwell Olympia, at 9.00 am but quite a lot of the regulars will be racing at East Midlands XC at Holme Pierrepont. I can run with anyone who turns up at 10.00 am after the C25K course if they wish.
Week 2 of the Couch to 5K course will be at 9.00 am, Chilwell Olympia. Many thanks to everyone who turned up to help last week.
Tuesday, 14 January: Meet at the University Boulevard tram stop for 6.20 pm; we will then run down the Boulevard for a speed session on the new Boots footpath and bridge. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 14 January: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A Couch to 5K course is also running.
Wednesday, 15 January: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Please wear hi-viz. Drinks afterwards in the Vic.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids final race)); meet in front of the Hall where you will see all the tents and flags (toilets are in the stables). Women's race 1.50 pm, men's race 2.20 pm. Presentation to follow. Parking charge in the hall grounds.
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont NG12 2LU (East Mids), 11.00 am – race starts near the large score board next to the lake. About 2.7 miles for the ladies so 5.4 for the men. There will be a parking charge.
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
3. Couch to 5K: if you know anyone who wishes to start running, Penny Page and Chris Bexton are currently running a C25K programme from Chilwell Olympia, 9.00 am on Sunday mornings starting on 5 January for 8 weeks (the last session will be the ‘graduation’ at Beeston parkrun on 22 February). If you would like to offer help for any of these sessions, you would be most welcome!
4. National Cross Country Championships: Entries are open until today for this iconic event on 22 February 2020, and the venue is once again Wollaton Park. Senior Women’s race at 13:40, men’s at 15:00. As this is a national championships, the Club will pay half the entry fee, so please let Charlie Pearce know if you wish to enter, either via the Facebook page or by Messenger/email. Charlie will enter everyone in bulk – please make payment to him of £4.50 via bank transfer no later than Thursday 9th January 2020.
Simon Elliott is looking for volunteers to help marshal a section of the National course – it would involve setting out the course (tapes etc) from about 7.30 am, marshalling the race and taking the stuff down at the end. If you would be willing to help, please let Simon know either by email or via the Facebook post.
5. Welcome to: Leanne Lacey, Jason Lees and Jane Potter (second claim); happy running with Beeston AC!
6. Provisional Summer League dates: Hexgreave 22 April, Holme Pierrepont 27 May, Wollaton Park 17 June, Worksop July date TBC, Teversal 5 August.
7. Club Run: The Club has been successful in a bid under the England Athletics Club Run programme (see https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs-and-facilities/our-programmes/club-run/ for full information). In brief, we are entitled to three coach-led sessions within a 12-week period and the dates for you to note in diaries are: Tuesday, 21 January 2020, Tuesday, 4 February and Wednesday 12th February with a back-up date of 4 March in case bad weather results in cancellation of one of the sessions. Full information will be provided later as to the plans for the sessions. Most sessions are likely to be on the University Park campus.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You must be logged in to post a comment.