Final reminder that today is the last day for entering the Notts Cross Country County Championships Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) AT https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Lots of Beestonites had a wonderful time splashing through the mud at Shipley last weekend (some enjoyed it more than others) 🙁 and would thoroughly recommend it! January may be colder ….
We have had a fantastic few days on the social scene – many thanks to Jane Lewis for Christmas Party organisation – we had ‘Faith’ that it would be good! Another great night as well on the mystery pub crawl in Nottingham, thanks Simon and Paul!
1. Club runs 13 to 18 December inclusive
Friday, 13 December – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 14 December – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 15 December – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. Any ideas for a different venue/route are always welcome!
Tuesday, 17 December speed: This will be at University Park (parking/meeting near the David Ross Sports Centre, NG7 2RD). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 17 December: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Runs in Christmas week (full details next week):
Tuesday, 24th – the Christmas Eve run at Noon from Chilwell Olympia (awaiting information on opening hours)
Wednesday 25th – Beeston parkrun at 9.00 am, celebrating the 300th event!
Thursday 26th – the Boxing Day run at Wollaton Park, 9.00 am
Friday 27th – Neil Byford will post to see if anyone fancies meeting up for a run
Saturday 28th – parkrun
Sunday 29th – Sunday run
Wednesday, 1 January – opportunities for double parkruns with a few of our local parkruns taking place:
9.00 am Alvaston, Clumber Park, Gedling, Shipley Country Park
10.00 am Rushcliffe
10.30 am Bestwood Village, Colwick, Long Eaton, Markeaton, Newark
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships – enter at https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Closing date 12 December for entries
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids final race)
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
3. Social Secretary – update to let everyone know that Phil Herd is now in charge! We are looking forward to our social adventures in 2020!
4. Christmas Relays 28 December 2019: HP are organising these at Holme Pierrepont for the first time, £20 per team of 4 (4 x 4K mixed terrain, 2 men and 2 women to a team). Anyone interested? It would be great to have a team so do get in touch!
5. National Cross Country Championships: Entries are now open for this event on 22 February 2020, and we are lucky in that the venue is once again Wollaton Park. Senior Women’s race at 13:40, men’s at 15:00. As this is a national championships, the Club will pay half the entry fee, so please let Charlie Pearce know if you wish to enter, either via the Facebook page or by Messenger/email. Charlie will enter everyone in bulk – please make payment to him of £4.50 via bank transfer no later than Thursday 9th January 2020.
6. Welcome to: Tasso Gazis, new member to the Club; happy running with Beeston AC!
7. Congratulations to everyone who has run this week – lots of eager cross country runners at a muddy Shipley Saturday, and with many of them doing the double with a Turkey Trot half marathon on Sunday. Well done all! Massive thanks to our doughty supporters who braved the cold weather to cheers us on at all points of the course – we really appreciated you all.
8. Provisional Summer League dates: Hexgreave 22 April, Holme Pierrepont 27 May, Wollaton Park 17 June, Worksop July date TBC, Teversal 5 August.
9. Midland Counties 2nd Indoor Open meeting 18/19 January 2020: online entry if you’re fed up of mud is at https://events.englandathletics.org/competition/mcaa-2nd-open-1819-january-2020/profile (though it does appear to be mostly field events).
9. Club Run: The Club has been successful in a bid under the England Athletics Club Run programme (see https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs-and-facilities/our-programmes/club-run/ for full information). In brief, we are entitled to three coach-led sessions within a 12-week period and the dates for you to note in diaries are: Tuesday, 21 January 2020, Tuesday, 4 February and Wednesday 12th February (change from the 19th) with a back-up date of 4 March in case bad weather results in cancellation of one of the sessions. Full information will be provided later as to the plans for the sessions. Most sessions are likely to be on the University Park campus.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.