Membership fees are now due (thanks to those of you who have already paid): the preferred method is to pay by bank transfer to account 62266253, sort code 40-10-06. It’s still £20 and once you’ve paid please let Juliet Jones know. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, payable to Beeston AC, and send to Mrs J Jones, 56 Thoresby Road, Bramcote, Nottingham NG9 3EN.
Simon Elliott is due to collect the kit order later this week and will then sort out delivery! If anyone has moved house and not updated their details on the myAthletics portal (link below, I’m happy to update if you let me or Juliet know) it may end up in the wrong letter box so please make sure we have the correct address for you!
1. Club runs 31 January to 5 February 2020 inclusive
Friday, 31 January – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards. As this is a head torch run please bring your light.
Saturday, 1 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. It’s pacer Saturday!
Sunday, 2 Febuary – the Sunday run is CANCELLED this week due to the cross country race at Colwick taking place plus the C25K. Apologies to anyone disappointed by this.
Week 5 of the Couch to 5K course will be at 9.00 am, Chilwell Olympia and it’s the third race in the East Midlands XC League at Colwick Woods – enjoy the hill!
Tuesday, 4 February: This is our second session with Darren Middleton, coach from England Athletics! Meet at 6.15 for 6.30 pm depart outside Portland Building, University Park NG7 2RD (this is the large building overlooking the lake to the left of Trent Building with the clock tower). We are going to run to the new path at the Boots Bridge. Further details to follow on Facebook. The nearest car park is going to be at the bottom of East Drive near South entrance or alternatively park on Jubilee Avenue down from Trent Building and walk through the quad if you come through the Beeston entrance.
Tuesday, 4 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A Couch to 5K course is also under way.
Wednesday, 5 February: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Please wear hi-viz. Drinks afterwards in the Vic.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids), NG3 7EB, 11 am
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids), NG10 4AA 11 am
The complete 2020 Road League List is also attached to this email for information. The first race is the Weston 5 on 8 March.
The new 2020 Fell League List is attached for information. The Club race calendar is at http://beestonac.com/events/category/events
3. Couch to 5K: Penny and Chris are running a C25K programme from Chilwell Olympia, 9.00 am on Sunday mornings for 8 weeks which started on 5 January (the last session will be the ‘graduation’ at Beeston parkrun on 22 February). If you would like to offer help for any of these sessions, you would be most welcome! The help we’ve had so far has been invaluable. Our participants are making good progress and escaped again from Chilwell Olympia to the nature reserve last week.
4. Notts AAA Fell County Championships: Full information is on the website at https://www.nottsaaa.org/landingpage/fell-running . Online race entry is now open for Race 1, Wolf’s Pit, Sunday 29 March 2020 at www.fabian4.co.uk . The second and third races in the series are Chrome Hill 27th June and Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Saturday 5th September.
5. Track and Field County Championships: early notification that for anyone interested these are on Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 May at Harvey Hadden Stadium. Details of another event on the new track at Newark in celebration of the 4-minute mile are also attached. In addition, Charlie is keen to have company at the Masters Indoor Grand Prix at Sheffield on 8 February (see post on Facebook).
6. Welcome to: Justin Heath and James Wall – happy running with Beeston AC!
7. Congratulations to: Clint Southern-Warburton on completing the Waterways 30, David Broadbent and Andy Hunter on successfully completing the 36-mile Wilmot Wander, to Greg on winning the Tigger Tor fell race (also run by Holly, Megan and Stuart) plus any others who raced last weekend including lots of you at Prestwold. Many congratulations also to Caitlin Bradbury and Sophie Eadsforth on their selection to represent the County at the Inter Counties Cross Country race on 7 March, Prestwold Hall.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.