1. Club runs 22 February to 27 February inclusive
Friday, 22 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Please wear hi-vis.
Saturday, 23 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Beeston AC has a team of keen runners off to Harewood House today to take part in the National XC Championships – good luck all!
Sunday, 24 February – the Sunday run will be from, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. If you have an idea for a new location/route for the Sunday runners, please get in touch; there are always people willing to give it a go! Also don’t forget that Town Street, Bramcote is closed until 29th March.
Tuesday, 26 February Speed/hills: details to follow – please check the Club’s Facebook page for further information. Meet at 6.15 pm at the start of the access road to the Uni of NottinghamNR7 2RD for a warm up, session to follow.
Tuesday, 26 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners 8 week couch to 5K programme is finishing this week.
Wednesday, 27 February – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the . Please wear hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 17 March, Wolfs Pit Fell Race: full information at
Wednesday, 24 April: Summer League race 1, Hexgreave, 7.15 pm
3. Membership Renewal: message from Juliet Jones, Treasurer
It’s time for Beeston AC membership renewals. The price is kept at £20 (£5 second claim). The preferred method is to pay by bank transfer:
Account name: Beeston AC
Sort code: 40-10-06
Account number: 62266253
Please letknow when you have transferred membership money.
Alternatively, membership can be paid by cheque, payable to Beeston AC. Please send cheques to: 52 Lilac Grove, Beeston Rylands, Nottingham NG9 1PE.
Social and Club Events
4. Open Meeting: There will be an open meeting on Wednesday, 27 March, 8.00 pm at the Victoria Hotel (upstairs room) to discuss anything the membership wishes to raise but particularly upcoming events like the Trent 5 and Broxtowe 5K. This meeting will also include a very short Extraordinary General Meeting to allow for the election of the new Coaching Coordinator (see below).
5. Well done: to everyone who raced at the weekend, at the Stamford 30K (some great times!), the final race of the East Midlands XC League (results attached), the Leicestershire Half Marathon and to Greg Hopkinson on a fantastic performance at the Seville Marathon.
Happy birthday to Ken Morrell (a new category!).
6. Welcome to: Amy Farmer – happy running with Beeston AC!
7. Road Running Forum from England Athletics, 27 February 2019: please see attached poster for a great line up of speakers. To book a place please click on www.ulearnathletics.com/cpdEvent/88334 .
7. Coaching Coordinator Vacancy on Committee: If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, the job description for this role is on the . If you wish to apply, please submit your name, together with the names of a proposer and seconder, to me as Club Secretary by tomorrow, 22nd February.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.