Congratulations to Paul Dennis and helpers on an excellent Single Gravs event last night; well done to our winner Shane Fenn! 🏆🎉
Many thanks to everyone who attended the AGM after and all our championship winners. Minutes to follow.
Midland 5 and 7 Cross-Country: Bulwell Hall Park, Saturday 30 November. If you are interested in participating please let Charlie Pearce know ASAP (there is a post on our Facebook page) and pay him £8 as he will do a group entry. The closing date is this Sunday, 24 November.
1. Club runs 22 November to 27 November inclusive
Friday, 22 November – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown from around 9.00 pm. Further information on Facebook. Remember to wear hi-viz!
Saturday, 23 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 24 November – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 26 November speed: Meet at the University Boulevard tram stop (Beeston end) at 6.20 pm for warm up and 6.30 start; Dave Bish in charge. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 26 November: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. An 8-week couch to 5K programme is under way.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday 7 December, Shipley Park, Heanor DE75 7GX (North Mids)
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships PLEASE NOTE ENTRIES NOW OPEN AT https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Closing date 12 December for entries
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids)
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
Road race league information is located on the Club website at: http://beestonac.com/events/category/events/bac-road-race-league-2019 . The fell race calendar is available at http://beestonac.com/cross-country-races.
3. Social events
– Christmas Party: This will be on Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! Tribute of £25 per head. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference. There is a free room on offer for the evening; you will be put in the draw if you buy your ticket before Friday 29th November.
– Christmas ‘Mystery’ pub crawl: this will be on Wednesday 11 December departing Beeston, 7.00 pm. Venue accessible by bus, tram, train or paddleboard! Further details nearer the time.
4. London Marathon Ballot: the lucky winners were Michael Lyons, Paul Cross and Caroline Challender is the reserve. Well done!
5. Congratulations to everyone who ran at the weekend, including those at the very wet Derby 10 mile (the Ladies Road Championship decider – congratulations Sophie again!), Heanor Pudding Run, MoRun and the Sunday run!
6. Christmas Relays 28 December 2019: HP are organising these at Holme Pierrepont for the first time, £20 per team of 4 (4 x 4K mixed terrain, 2 men and 2 women to a team). Anyone interested? It would be great to have a team!
7. Peak Rail 7: runner versus steam This lovely race takes place at Rowsley on Easter Monday, 13 April 2020, 9.30 am. It is online entry only and the link goes live at 18.00 on 6 December through Bookitzone: Peak Rail 7 Entry . It sells out in about 30 minutes so make a note in your diaries if you wish to grab a place! There are train tickets for supporters who can sit on the train and watch the runners go by (or not, as the case may be!), £7.50 for adults, £5.50 senior citizens and £3.50 for U16.
7. Club Run: The Club has been successful in a bid under the England Athletics Club Run programme (see https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs-and-facilities/our-programmes/club-run/ for full information). In brief, we are entitled to three coach-led sessions within a 12-week period and the dates for you to note in diaries are: Tuesday, 21 January 2020, Tuesday, 4 February and Wednesday 12th February (change from the 19th) with a back-up date of 4 March in case bad weather results in cancellation of one of the sessions. Full information will be provided later as to the plans for the sessions. Most sessions are likely to be on the University Park campus.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.