Very very last call for tickets for the Club Christmas party – tomorrow Friday, 6 December, Village Hotel Chilwell. We have a special price for the Wham! tribute of £25 per head which includes a meal. Jane Lewis’s bank details are: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035. Please add your name as a reference. There will be a draw for £50 of Derby Runner vouchers! 💃🕴🎉
See below for details of the famous ‘mystery’ pub crawl next Wednesday the 11th. Simon and Paul have been diligently testing the local hostelries for our benefit! 🍺🍷
1. Club runs 6 to 11 December inclusive
Friday, 6 December – as it’s the Club Christmas Party please check on Facebook first if there is anyone else wanting to do a training run from Chilwell Olympia; if so meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Remember to wear hi-viz if you run!
Saturday, 7 December – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/. Good hangover cure followed by breakfast at Tony's.
Sunday, 8 December – as it’s the second Sunday in the month the Sunday run will be from Chilwell Olympia (meeting from 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. The usual run leaders are planning to be Turkey Trotting at Keyworth today; if there is anyone else who could come up with a route and lead that would be much appreciated.
Tuesday, 10 December speed: Meet at the Cator Lane tram stop at 6.20 pm for warm up and 6.30 start. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 10 December: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 11 December – this is the night of the ‘mystery’ pub crawl so if anyone wishes to meet up for a run please post on Facebook. Please wear hi-viz.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday 7 December, Shipley Park, Heanor DE75 7GX (North Mids)
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships PLEASE NOTE ENTRIES NOW OPEN AT https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Closing date 12 December for entries
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids)
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
3. Social events – Christmas ‘Mystery’ pub crawl: this will be on Wednesday 11 December departing Beeston, 7.00 pm. Meet Beeston Interchange 7.00 for tram departure.
Pubs, approximately 30mins each, updates on FB as we go.
1) The Company Inn
2) The Waterfront
3) Via Fossa
5) Fellows Morton & Clayton
Chip shop on Carrington Street on way back to tram. Everyone welcome at any stage during the evening – see you there!
Paul & Simon
4. Christmas Relays 28 December 2019: HP are organising these at Holme Pierrepont for the first time, £20 per team of 4 (4 x 4K mixed terrain, 2 men and 2 women to a team). Anyone interested? It would be great to have a team so do get in touch!
5. National Cross Country Championships: Entries are now open for this event on 22 February 2020, and we are lucky in that the venue is once again Wollaton Park. Senior Women’s race at 13:35, men’s at 15:00. As this is a national championships, the Club will pay half the entry fee, so please let Charlie Pearce know if you wish to enter, either via the Facebook page or by Messenger/email. Charlie will enter everyone in bulk – please make payment to him of £4.50 via bank transfer no later than Thursday 9th January 2020.
6. Peak Rail 7: runner versus steam This lovely race takes place at Rowsley on Easter Monday, 13 April 2020, 9.30 am. It is online entry only and the link goes live at 18.00 TOMORROW at Bookitzone: Peak Rail 7 Entry . It sells out in about 30 minutes so make a note in your diaries if you wish to grab a place! There are train tickets for supporters who can sit on the train and watch the runners go by (or not, as the case may be!), £7.50 for adults, £5.50 senior citizens and £3.50 for U16.
7. Congratulations to everyone who has run this week – a special mention for Gemma Daykin completing her first marathon at Holme Pierrepont – not her first choice of venue! Well done to everyone running at Bulwell at the weekend and the Embankment last night, must have been cold!
8. Club Run: The Club has been successful in a bid under the England Athletics Club Run programme (see https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs-and-facilities/our-programmes/club-run/ for full information). In brief, we are entitled to three coach-led sessions within a 12-week period and the dates for you to note in diaries are: Tuesday, 21 January 2020, Tuesday, 4 February and Wednesday 12th February (change from the 19th) with a back-up date of 4 March in case bad weather results in cancellation of one of the sessions. Full information will be provided later as to the plans for the sessions. Most sessions are likely to be on the University Park campus.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to email@example.com , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.