Regrettably Storm Ciara put paid to many plans at the weekend, with some events and races, including the East Midlands XC race at West Park (and our C25K course) being postponed. Long Eaton RC are looking for a new date to hold the XC race and information will be passed on when available (provisionally 15 March).
National XC, 22 February, Wollaton Park: it would be helpful to have a couple more volunteers for this event; if you would like to turn up and help please get in touch with Mark Rowlson and let him know.
Membership fees are due as from 1 January (thanks to those of you who have already paid): the preferred method is to pay by bank transfer to account 62266253, sort code 40-10-06. It’s still £20 and once you’ve paid please let Juliet Jones know. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, payable to Beeston AC, and send to Mrs J Jones, 56 Thoresby Road, Bramcote, Nottingham NG9 3EN.
1. Club runs 14 to 19 February 2020 inclusive
Saturday, 15 February – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 16 Febuary – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails (with a few hills and mud being a strong possibility!).
The penultimate week of the Couch to 5K course will be taking place at 9.00 am, Chilwell Olympia.
Tuesday, 18 February speed/hills: This will be at Ghost House Lane. Meet outside the school on Eskdale Drive NG9 5NA, at 6.20 pm for a warm up; session to start 6.30 pm.
Tuesday, 18 February: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runners Facebook page. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A Couch to 5K course is also under way.
Wednesday, 19 February: – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia, meet in foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distances 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the Vic. Check club Facebook page for route details.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
XC: English National Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park, 22 February
Road: Sunday 8 March, Weston Run (5 mile race)
Fell: Sunday, 29th March, Wolf’s Pit
Road: Sunday 5th April, Belvoir Half Marathon, www.hosevillage.org.uk/bhm.htm
Road: Wednesday, 22 April Summer League race 1 – Hexgreave, www.nottsaaa.org
Fell: Sunday 26th April, Kinder Downfall – entries open 1 March at www.fabian4.co.uk
Fell: Wednesday 29th April, Tiger’s Trail – http://www.totleyac.org.uk/tigers-trail/
Road: Sunday, 10 May, Sinfin 10K – http://www.sinfinrunningclub.co.uk/sinfin-classic-10k/
The Club race calendar is at http://beestonac.com/events/category/events
3. Couch to 5K: Penny and Chris are running a C25K programme from Chilwell Olympia, 9.00 am on Sunday mornings for 8 weeks which started on 5 January (the last session will be the ‘graduation’ at Beeston parkrun on 22 February).
4. Notts AAA Fell County Championships: Full information is on the website at https://www.nottsaaa.org/landingpage/fell-running . Online race entry is now open for Race 1, Wolf’s Pit, Sunday 29 March 2020 at www.fabian4.co.uk . The second and third races in the series are Chrome Hill 27th June and Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Saturday 5th September.
5. Track and Field County Championships: These are on Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 May at Harvey Hadden Stadium.
6. Notts AAA 5K County Championships: entries are now open for the Newstead Abbey Dash, Friday 24 July at https://www.runbritain.com/Default.aspx
7. Good luck to: anyone running or racing this weekend, let's hope Storm Dennis isn't a menace!
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.