1. Club runs 16 to 21 August inclusive
Friday, 16 August – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the , from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on .
Saturday, 17 August – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 18 August – the Sunday run will be from, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 20 August speed: This will be a speed or hills session at University Park (parking/ meeting near the David Ross Sports Centre, NG7 2RD). Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm. Further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 20 August : Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 21 August – As the Trent Lock Challenge is on, there will be no training run from Chilwell, drinks in the Marina for the presentation after the run.
This year’s Trent Lock Challenge starts from the old Plessey Sports Ground on Trent Vale Road. The purpose of the Challenge is to complete the course to Trent Lock and back in as close to your predicted time as possible, without the benefit of a watch, phone, GPS device etc. The person closest to their prediction will receive the prestigious trophy and possibly a silly prize! The route is 10.3 miles or 16.6 km. Last year’s winner was Greg Hopkinson who got within 25 seconds of his prediction. Fastest last year was Joe Gallagher in 68.11 and the all-time record is 57.51 by Roger Woodward way back in 1976.
Runners will be set off in two starts. Anyone anticipating taking longer than 85 minutes will start at 6.15pm, those predicting faster than 85 mins will start 10 minutes later at 6.25 to avoid bunching at the start, and to increase opportunities for participants to see their fellow runners in the challenge.
If you are likely to run, please e-mail. Then just turn up on the night, with your name and predicted time on a piece of paper and run! The course and photo are available on the website . The event is open to Beeston AC first and second claim members only.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Fell: Tuesday, 27th August: Barrel Inn, 6.30 pm, Eyam Sports Pavilion, Hawkhill Road S32 5QP. £6 entry at
Fell: Saturday, 31st August: Longshaw Sheep Dog Trials, 10.30 am, £5, start from Longshaw Lodge, S11 7TZ (see below)
Road: Sunday, 1st September: Wilne 10K, 10 am, sold out.
Fell: Sunday, 1st September:, 10.30 am, The Cricket Inn S17 3AZ.
Road race league information is located on the Club website at:. The fell race calendar is available at . Current results for both Road and Fell leagues attached.
3. Other upcoming races
* The third race in the Notts AAA Fell County Championships takes place on 31st August; the final Notts AAA 2019 individual champs race (best 2 results from 3 [or exceptionally 1 race only]) & the one off team champs race for men & women (first 3 of any age to count per club) are at the Longshaw race on August 31st at 10.30am. Distance = 8.6km (5.3miles) with 320m (1050ft) of climb & this is in 'proper' fell terrain so studded fell shoes are advised. Entry to the sheepdog trials is £5 & includes the race entry fee. Register at the race desk THEN at the Notts desk & bring full kit of waterproof top (with hood) & leggings both with taped seams, hat & gloves, compass, whistle & race map, & emergency food ie gels / flapjack / choc bar etc. Race map & details (which you MUST read) are here:
Please arrive in good time as this is a popular race & long queues at registration can occur. Notts medal presentations asap after the race. Drinks incl. real ale & food at the show & National Trust cafe also on site.
* British Fell Relays: (message from Andy Hunter)
These are taking place on Saturday 19 October, Peak District Lady Bower Area. Teams of 6 are required for 4 legs: Short, Pair, Nav Pair and Long. Please get in touch withvia email if you are interested as I am trying to put in a team. Entries are open and it will soon fill up. So far Holly has shown an interest, we could have a male/ female or a mixed team.
Nigel Turner has posted a reminder that the Moorgreen Duathlon is taking place on 13 October – registration is at . 9 am, Colliers Wood, Newthorpe NG16 2FF. £18 to enter plus £5 day membership of British Triathlon Federation.
4. Robin Hood Half Marathon: the organisers have been in touch to offer the Club the opportunity to take the flag and have a meeting point. A lot of us do this race so it would be great to take them up on this offer. Would anyone be willing to take the flag and bring it back (presumably someone planning on going by car) so that we can accept this opportunity? Please reply to this email address if you can do this. Many thanks!
5. Notts AAA County Championships: Marathon – if you are planning to run the Leicester Marathon and wish to be entered for the County Championships please contact, with details of your eligibility – you are eligible if you have either been born in Nottinghamshire, or by nine months’ continuous bona fide residence in the county immediately prior to the race. See for full information.
6. Social events: Do you fancy a Club picnic? There will be one on Sunday, 25 August starting 1.00 pm. Please meet next to the children’s playground (handy for the tram stop!), bring your own picnic and blanket. Games will include: tug-of-war, egg and spoon race, 3-legged race, sack race plus crazy golf competition. All equipment will be provided. Families and friends welcome.
A night at the Dogs is also on offer! This is at Nottingham Greyhound Stadium, 6.00 pm Friday 27th September, £5 all of which will be donated to the Brain Tumour Charity. Bets taken from 50p, food available, dress smart casual. Please let Jane Lewis know if you would like a ticket.
7. Welcome to: Rachel Hart and Kim Butler; happy running with Beeston AC!
8. Well done to everyone who has raced, good luck for those with races at the weekend.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.