1. Club runs 7 December to 12 December 2018 inclusive
Friday, 7 December – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Don’t forget your head torch!
Saturday, 8 December – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ. David Patrick’s last event as Beeston parkrun Director! Well done David.
Sunday, 9 December – the weekly Sunday run is from, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails. A number of members are doing the Turkey Trot so please check on Facebook first.
Tuesday, 11 December: David Patrick will be in charge. Meet at the start of the access road to the Uni of Nottingham Sports Centre at 6.15pm for a warm-up run to University Boulevard for 6.30 pm. See Facebook for details.
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 12 December – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles. Penny Page will also be there to lead the improvers on a run. Please remember to wear something light/hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Saturday, 5 January 2019, Notts AAA Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park, £5 entry. Closing date 16 December. Information at.
Sunday, 6 January 2019, Bramcote Park NG9 3GD
Saturday, 12 January 2019, North Midlands XC League, Wollaton Park
Sunday, 13 January, Holme Pierrepont, NG12 2LD
Sunday, 3 February, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB
Sunday, 17 February, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
Please also find attached the first iteration of the 2019 Road Calendar – some exciting races on this! 🏃🏃
3. Annual Pub Crawl: The traditional Beeston AC Christmas pub crawl will take place on Wednesday, 5 December. Meet at Beeston Interchange 7.30, bring your Mango and CAMRA cards. We will be visiting 3 pubs in Long Eaton starting with The Mill & Brook, Derby Road moving onto the Hole in the Wall, Regent Street and finally the York Chambers, Market Place.
Chips are available from the Cods Scallop 100m away from the York Chambers.
Feel free to join in at any stage – phone me on 07917 650826 if you get lost!
Happy Christmas, Simon 🍺🍷🍺🍷
4. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including the hardy Cross-Country racers at Shipley and the Edwinstowe 10K. Many thanks to Steve Mason for putting on a new Sunday route at Moorgreen. And good luck to everyone doing the Turkey Trot!
5. LLeisure Christmas Family Fun Run: Saturday, 8 December, 10.45 am for an 11.00 am start, Weirfields Recreation Ground, Canal Side Beeston, NG9 1LZ. Join in the run along the flat 3K course in your Santa outfit – free entry, prizes for the best Christmas outfit, free elf hats for all and finisher medals for children. Many thanks to those of you who have volunteered to marshal.
5. Injury Prevention Workshop: Unfortunately this has been postponed. Further details to follow for the revised session.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.