1. Club runs 30 November to 5 December 2018 inclusive
Friday, 30 November – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 1 December – ‘pacer Saturday’ at Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 2 December – the weekly Sunday run is from Moorgreen this week (as many people will be doing the Turkey Trot on the second Sunday of the month). Steve Mason has devised a route and proposes that we meet near the Queens Head pub in Watnall, NG16 1HT, at 8.50 for a 9.00 am start. This will be a run on lanes and forest trails taking in Moorgreen Reservoir. Steve will post the route on Facebook before Sunday. Car sharing would be a good idea as parking may be limited.
Tuesday, 4 December: Sophie Eadsforth will be in charge. Meet at the start of the access road to the Uni of Nottingham Sports Centre at 6.15pm for a warm-up run to University Boulevard for 6.30 pm. See Facebook for details.
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners course is currently under way.
Wednesday, 5 December – there is no run tonight as it's the Club night out. However, not everyone may wish to join in the pub crawl so if you wish to do a run on this night, please post on the Club Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1394292270817596/) if you would like to see if anyone else wants to come along.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Saturday, 1 December, North Midlands XC League, Shipley Park Heanor DE75 7GX (women 1.50 pm, men 2.20 pm)
Saturday, 5 January 2019, Notts AAA Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park
Sunday, 6 January 2019, Bramcote Park NG9 3GD
Saturday, 12 January 2019, North Midlands XC League, Wollaton Park
Sunday, 13 January, Holme Pierrepont, NG12 2LD
Sunday, 3 February, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB
Sunday, 17 February, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
3. Annual Christmas pub crawl: The traditional Beeston AC Christmas pub crawl will take place on Wednesday, 5 December. Meet at Beeston Interchange 7.30, bring your Mango and CAMRA cards. We will be visiting 3 pubs in Long Eaton starting with The Mill & Brook, Derby Road moving onto the Hole in the Wall, Regent Street and finally the York Chambers, Market Place.
Chips are available from the Cods Scallop 100m away from the York Chambers.
Feel free to join in at any stage – phone me on 07917 650826 if you get lost!
Happy Christmas, Simon🍺🍹🍷
4. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including the night fell race at Hathersage and the Derby 10. Well done all!
5. Notts AAA XC County Championships
The Notts AAA XC County Champs will take place on Saturday, 5 January 2019, Wollaton Park, £5 entry. Closing date 16 December. Information at.
6. Proposed Path Closure: Most of you will be aware that the new owner of the land near the Sailing Club is wishing to close the footpath from Attenborough to Long Eaton. Notts Walker Ramblers are putting in a Right of Way claim to save the route alongside the railway line. There is an event at the Tappers Harker, Main Street Long Eaton this Saturday on 1 December, 10.00 am to 12.30 pm if you wish to pop in to complete a form.
7. Injury Prevention Workshop: Notts Athletics Network are holding a workshop on Saturday, 8 December at 10 am, Long Eaton Rugby Club, NG10 4AA led by Paul Whittingham, a Sports Massage Therapist. The workshop will focus on injury prevention, remedial exercises plus Q&A. No booking required – just turn up. A small charge of £2 will be made to those attending. Further information from David Lisgo, Network Coordinator,.
8. Improvement Works – Nature Reserve, Attenborough: If you are interested in the work Network Rail is planning to undertake to improve safety at the level crossings in Attenborough, there is an information event at Attenborough Village Hall on Wednesday 5 December from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm. An interim solution of Miniature Stop Lights is being proposed.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.