1. Club runs 9 November to 14 November 2018 inclusive
Friday, 9 November – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards.
Saturday, 10 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
The North Midlands Cross Country race is also on at Kettering this day; see below for details.
Sunday, 11 November – the weekly Sunday run is from Chilwell Olympia, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails. Steve Mason has some good ideas for new and interesting routes for future runs on the second Sunday of the month, so watch this space! We will try to give good advance notice as there may be different starting points.
Tuesday, 13 November: David Patrick will be in charge. Speed session. Meet at 6.15 pm at the start of the access road to the Uni of Nottingham sports centre for a warm up run to University Boulevard for 6.30pm. The session is a fartlek one designed to improve your 10K and half marathon times.
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners course is currently under way.
Wednesday, 14 November – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles. Penny Page will also be there to lead the improvers on a run. Please remember to wear something light/hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Saturday, 10 November, North Midlands XC League, Kettering, Wicksteed Park, NN15 6NJ (Women’s race 1.50 pm (6K), men 2.20 pm (10K))
Sunday, 11 November,fell race, Meerbrook Village Hall, 10.30 am, note that full kit must be carried.
Saturday, 1 December, North Midlands XC League, Shipley Park Heanor
Saturday, 5 January 2019, Notts AAA Cross Country Championships, Wollaton Park
Saturday, 12 January 2019, North Midlands XC League, Wollaton Park
3. Social Events
Annual mystery trip to tea shoppes (AKA as the Christmas pub crawl): save the date of Wednesday, 5 December in your diaries, further details to follow.
Christmas Party: The venue is The Shed, Beeston Youth and Community Centre, Friday 14 December 7.30 pm till late. Cost £12 per person, please pay Penny Page or Jane Lewis by 1 November. There will be a disco from 8.00 pm and hot food provided by The Wolf Hut, followed by seasonal desserts and cakes!! Details for bank payments: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035 Reference: Christmas.
5. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including those who did the National Cross Country Relays (results), the (a barmy day for it!) and the Frosty 5.
6. AGM: a special mention to John 'Nettles' O’Donnell and Tony Rushton ('man on the bridge at parkrun', who were both given Lifelong Membership Awards on the night, in recognition of the huge contribution both have made to the Club. John and Tony would like to say thank you to the Club for their awards, which are much appreciated.
On a personal note, I would also like to record thanks for being given the Athlete of the Year award; it means a lot to me 🙂 .
The Minutes will be circulated very shortly.
7. Proposed Path Closure: Most of you will be aware that the new owner of the land near the Sailing Club is wishing to close the footpath from Attenborough to Long Eaton. Notts Walker Ramblers are putting in a Right of Way claim to save the route alongside the railway line. Further details at. If you wish to complete and send in a user evidence form and claim map, these can be downloaded from the link above (please note address for Rachel Hobson is in fact 32 Mountbatten Way). This is a route well used by the Club, particularly during the summer months, and it would be a real shame to lose it.
8. Injury Prevention Workshop: Notts Athletics Network are holding a workshop on Saturday, 8 December at 10 am, Long Eaton Rugby Club, NG10 4AA, on injury prevention. This will be led by Paul Whittingham, an endurance runner and coach who works in sports injuries as a Sports Massage Therapist. The workshop will focus on injury prevention and remedial exercises plus Q&A. Runners are invited to take part in the Long Eaton parkrun prior to the workshop. No booking required – just turn up. A small charge of £2 will be made to those attending. Further information from David Lisgo, Network Coordinator,.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.