1. Club runs 2 November to 7 November 2018 inclusive
Friday, 2 November – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the Crown, usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Please remember your head torch!!
Saturday, 3 November – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ. Dominic Bowen will be Run Director for the first time – good luck Dom!
The Club is also sending some teams to participate in the National Cross Country Relays at Berry Hill, Mansfield today (NG18 4JR) – women 1.50 pm, men 2.40 pm – have a great race everyone! Support is welcome, this is a lovely event with some of the top athletes in the country competing.
Sunday, 4 November – the weekly Sunday run is from, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails. Do check on Facebook first as a large number of members will be doing the Dovedale Dash or the Frosty Five!
Tuesday, 6 November: Please check Facebook page to see if this is running, as this is the evening of the AGM.
Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A beginners course is currently under way.
Wednesday, 7 November – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles. Penny Page will also be there to lead the improvers on a run. Please remember to wear something light/hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 4 November, Dovedale Dash
Saturday, 10 November, North Midlands XC League, Kettering (Women’s races 1.50 pm (6K), men 2.20 pm (10K))
Sunday, 11 November,fell race, Meerbrook Village Hall, 10.30 am, note that full kit must be carried.
3. Social Events
Frosty Five: The inaugural Frosty 5 run will take place on Sunday, 4 November at 2.00 pm starting at The Star. The beers are (nearly) lined up and this eagerly awaited event is almost upon us! Supporters are welcome at the Star to wave off and welcome back the participants.
Annual mystery trip to tea shoppes (AKA as the Christmas pub crawl): save the date of Wednesday, 5 December in your diaries, further details to follow.
Christmas Party: The venue is The Shed, Beeston Youth and Community Centre, Friday 14 December 7.30 pm till late. Cost £12 per person, please pay Penny Page or Jane Lewis by 1 November. There will be a disco from 8.00 pm and hot food provided by The Wolf Hut, followed by seasonal desserts and cakes!! Details for bank payments: sort code 40-47-87 account 52679035 Reference: Christmas.
4. AGM: Final papers for the AGM, Tuesday, 6 November 2018, 7.30 pm in the Victoria Hotel, Dovecote Lane Beeston, will be circulated early next week.
5. Well done: to everyone who ran at the weekend, including those who did the Worksop Half Marathon. Some cracking times!
6. Proposed Path Closure: Most of you will be aware that the new owner of the land near the Attenborough Sailing Club is wishing to close the footpath from Attenborough to Long Eaton. Notts Walker Ramblers are putting in a Right of Way claim to save the route alongside the railway line. Further details at. If you wish to complete and send in a user evidence form and claim map, please find these circulated as attachments to the email. This is a route well used by the Club, particularly during the summer months, and it would be a real shame to lose it.
7. Injury Prevention Workshop: Notts Athletics Network are holding a workshop on Saturday, 8 December at 10 am, Long Eaton Rugby Club, NG10 4AA, on injury prevention. This will be led by Paul Whittingham, an endurance runner and coach who works in sports injuries as a Sports Massage Therapist. The workshop will focus on injury prevention and remedial exercises plus Q&A. Runners are invited to take part in the Long Eaton parkrun prior to the workshop. No booking required – just turn up. A small charge of £2 will be made to those attending. Further information from David Lisgo, Network Coordinator,.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.