Special bumper Christmas edition covering Christmas and New Year – Merry Christmas to you all! 🎉🎄🌠❄🎅
Please see below for information about the National Cross Country Championships on 22 February; there are opportunities to help out with marshalling the course but also celebrating our spectacular performances after in the Cottage Balti restaurant, Chilwell.
1. Club runs 20 December 2019 to 1 January 2020 inclusive
Friday, 20 December – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, usually drinks after in the Crown, from 9.00 pm onwards. Although it’s not a head torch run, if you have one please bring it as it may be useful for part of the route.
Saturday, 21 December – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 22 December – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook. There’s bound to be mud! Not sure what they got up to last week (see pic).
Tuesday, 24 December: This will be the annual Christmas Eve run, 12 Noon from Chilwell Olympia. Christmas jumpers welcome! Please note Chilwell Olympia closes at 2.30 pm. There will be a few beers after in the Vic …. 🍺🍷🍹
Tuesday, 24 December speed/hills: NO run
Tuesday, 24 December Rebel Runners: NO evening run.
Wednesday, 25 December: if you feel like a run before the Christmas dinner, it’s the 300th parkrun event at Beeston! 9.00 am – expect quite a few runners to be there! Forest Rec is also on and had over 700 participants last year.
Thursday, 26 December: the traditional Boxing Day run round Wollaton Park. Meet in the car park in front of the Hall, 8.50 for 9.00 am for a run round the park. There may be a car parking charge.
Friday, 27 December – there will be a training run from Chilwell Olympia; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Chilwell Olympia is open until 8.00 pm on this date.
Saturday, 28 December – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/.
Sunday, 29 December – the Sunday run will be from Moorbridge Lane, Stanton Gate, (meeting time at 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am), further details to follow on Facebook.
Tuesday, 31 December speed/hills: NO run.
Tuesday, 31 December Rebel Runners: NO evening run.
Wednesday, 1 January 2020: anyone fancy a double parkrun? https://www.parkrun.org.uk/special-events/ The following are on (and more may have been confirmed by now):
9.00 am Alvaston, Clumber Park, Gedling, Shipley Country Park
10.00 am Rushcliffe
10.30 am Bestwood Village, Colwick, Long Eaton, Markeaton, Newark
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Cross country: Saturday, 4 January 2020 (Shipley) County Championships – enter at https://www.nottsaaa.org/node/174 cost £5 (log in required). Closing date 12 December for entries – sorry if you have now missed this
Cross country: Sunday, 5 January 2020 (Bramcote) (East Mids)
Cross country: 11 January, Wollaton Park (North Mids final race))
Cross country: 12 January, Holme Pierrepont (East Mids)
Cross country: 2 February, Colwick (East Mids)
Cross country: 9 February West Park, Long Eaton (East Mids)
3. Couch to 5K: if you know anyone who wishes to start running, Penny Page and Chris Bexton will be running a C25K programme from Chilwell Olympia, 9.00 am on Sunday mornings starting on 5 January for 8 weeks (the last session will be the ‘graduation’ at Beeston parkrun on 22 February). If you would like to offer help for any of these sessions, you would be most welcome! Information attached.
4. National Cross Country Championships: Entries are now open for this iconic event on 22 February 2020, and the venue is once again Wollaton Park. Senior Women’s race at 13:40, men’s at 15:00. As this is a national championships, the Club will pay half the entry fee, so please let Charlie Pearce know if you wish to enter, either via the Facebook page or by Messenger/email. Charlie will enter everyone in bulk – please make payment to him of £4.50 via bank transfer no later than Thursday 9th January 2020.
In his new role as Social Secretary, Phil Herd has arranged a booking at the Cottage Balti, Chilwell High Road, 6-9 pm for £22 for the evening following the National. If you would like to go please let Phil know via the Facebook post or by email and let him have payment to his bank account – sort code 07-02-46 account 27690214. Vegan options and a range of curries from mild to hot will be available.
Simon Elliott is looking for volunteers to help marshal a section of the National course – it would involve setting out the course (tapes etc) from about 7.30 am, marshalling the race and taking the stuff down at the end. If you would be willing to help, please let Simon know either by email or via the Facebook post.
5. Welcome to: Rossella Bonetti, new member to the Club; happy running with Beeston AC!
6. Provisional Summer League dates: Hexgreave 22 April, Holme Pierrepont 27 May, Wollaton Park 17 June, Worksop July date TBC, Teversal 5 August.
7. Club Run: The Club has been successful in a bid under the England Athletics Club Run programme (see https://www.englandathletics.org/clubs-and-facilities/our-programmes/club-run/ for full information). In brief, we are entitled to three coach-led sessions within a 12-week period and the dates for you to note in diaries are: Tuesday, 21 January 2020, Tuesday, 4 February and Wednesday 12th February with a back-up date of 4 March in case bad weather results in cancellation of one of the sessions. Full information will be provided later as to the plans for the sessions. Most sessions are likely to be on the University Park campus.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . PBs should be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org , together with time, distance, date and race. If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.