1. Club runs 29 March to 3 April inclusive
Friday, 29 March – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Please wear hi-vis (hopefully not for much longer!).
Saturday, 30 March – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 31 March – due to roadworks, the run will be from Bramcote Park this week, meet 8.50 for 9.00 am depart
Tuesday, 2 April Speed: It should be light enough to use Bramcote track while we can; parking on Moor Lane NG9 3GA or Leisure Centre car park. Meet 6.15 for warm up, session starts 6.30 pm.
Tuesday, 2 April: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart.
Wednesday, 3 April – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. This will be shorter than normal due to the open meeting taking place afterwards in the . Please wear hi-vis.
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Wednesday, 24 April: Summer League race 1, Hexgreave, 7.15 pm
Fell: Kinder Downfall: Sunday, 28th April, 11.30 am (pre-entry only)
Fell: Tigers Trail race, Wednesday 1st May, 7.00 pm (can pre-enter)
Fell: Burbage Skyline, Tuesday 7th May, 7.30 pm (must pre-enter early April)
Road: Sinfin Classic 10K, Sunday 12th May, 10.30 am (nearly sold out, go toto enter)
Fell: Totley Moor, Tuesday 21st May, 7.30 pm (can pre-enter)
Social and Club Events
3. Message from Maryke Fox and Robin Bacon re Wrekin Relay:
A few people mentioned at the Christmas Party that they'd be interested in taking part in the Wrekin Relay in Shropshire on 13th July.
The Wrekin is a hill near Shrewsbury so the plan would be to run the race on Saturday then repair to the Youth Hostel at Bridges near the Long Mynd and go out on the town in Shrewsbury on Saturday night. The following day we'll go for a walk on the Long Mynd, weather permitting. Shrewsbury has more than its fair share of fantastic pubs and lovely surroundings.
The race itself is a trail race comprising three laps each of 3.6 miles with 182m ascent. You can do it as a relay in teams of three or you can do three laps solo. Entries are now open but we need to enter as teams (cost is £30 per team and Chris will organise this after 7 April).
Accommodation will be in dorms or shared rooms at a cost of ~£23pppn, a cooked breakfast is £6. Please could you lethave your name if you wish to take part by 7 April, as the race does sell out and we will need to book accommodation sooner rather than later. We can always adjust teams on the day. Maryke will book accommodation after 7 April.
4. Open Meeting: many thanks to everyone who came last night, I will circulate a short report next week when I'm back from my adventures in the Peak District!
Dates to note: Trent 5 22 May (we will issue a call for marshals very soon); Broxtowe 5K 1 May – again further information to follow; date for Double Gravs 19 June, 21 August Trent Lock Challenge and Single Gravs/AGM 27 November.
5. Clubs are invited to send reps to a meeting at the Dog and Parrot, Eastwood, 7 pm on 8 April with the organisers of the Robin Hood Half Marathon in order to discuss the future of the event. If anyone wishes to attend please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to give an idea of numbers.
6. Well done: to everyone who raced at the weekend, some fantastic results from the Ashby 20 (especially Claudia and Gemma, first time in Beeston AC colours) and Edale Skyline, plus those who did the track races at Bingham on Tuesday.
75. Good luck: to everyone racing and running this coming weekend.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.