1. Club runs 25 to 30 January 2019 inclusive
Friday, 25 January – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7 miles, drinks after in the , usually from 9.00 pm onwards. Further information on . Please note a request has been received from Chilwell Olympia for car keys not to be left behind the reception; we can do a call out about this at the start of the run to make alternative arrangements before we set off.
Saturday, 26 January – Beeston parkrun, 9.00 am at the Weirfields, Beeston Rylands NG9 1LZ.
Sunday, 27 January – the weekly Sunday run is from, Stanton Gate, meeting time is 8.50 am to start at 9.00 am, distance about 10 miles over footpaths and trails.
Tuesday, 29 January Speed/hills: Dave Bish will be in charge. Meet at 6.15 pm at the start of the access road to the Uni of Nottingham Sports Centre for a warm up, session to follow. Please see the Club’s Facebook page for further information.
Tuesday, 29 January: Tuesday Rebel Runners, Chilwell, The Village Hotel: This is usually a 5K run (sometimes with other options); details of the run are posted weekly on the Rebel Runnerspage. Meet 6.30 pm in the foyer for 6.40 pm depart. A new beginners 8 week couch to 5K programme is in week 4.
Wednesday, 30 January – there will be a training run from; meet in the foyer at 6.25 for a 6.30 pm depart. Distance 5-7-10 miles, drinks after in the .
2. Upcoming Races on the Calendar
Sunday, 3 February, East Midlands League, Colwick Woods NG3 7EB, 11 am.
Sunday, 17 February, East Midlands League, West Park Long Eaton, NG10 4AA followed by the presentation at Long Eaton Rugby Club.
Saturday, 23 February, National XC Championships, Harewood House, Leeds
3. Notts AAA Fell Race County Championships
Please see attached information for the new format for the Fell Race County Championships, with 3 races in the series. First race will be Wolf's Pit.
4. Membership Renewal: message from Juliet Jones, Treasurer
It’s time for Beeston AC membership renewals. The price is kept at £20 (£5 second claim). The preferred method is to pay by bank transfer:
Account name: Beeston AC
Sort code: 40-10-06
Account number: 62266253
Please letknow when you have transferred membership money.
Alternatively, membership can be paid by cheque, payable to Beeston AC. Please send cheques to: 52 Lilac Grove, Beeston Rylands, Nottingham NG9 1PE.
5. Message from Simon Elliott re Club T-Shirts (short and long sleeve): We are about to order some more club vests for stock so have the opportunity to get t-shirts made at the same time if anyone needs one. Sizing is important – please see the club website…. http://beestonac.com/club-kit . Short £17.50 Long £20. Orders to me by Friday February 8th please. Message or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheers, Simon Elliott
6. Welcome: to Laura Durber, happy running with BAC! Sian Adiseshiah is now also first claim with BAC, so welcome to Sian too and to Sonka Reimers as well, coming back as second claim.
7. Well done and good luck: a fantastic turnout at the speed session held at Rutland Leisure Centre, with some seriously hard efforts being put in. Many thanks to Sophie for organising. Also well done to all the marathoners busy putting on the miles in preparation for the spring marathons: keep going and remain injury free!
Good luck to everyone travelling to Leamington to do the Midlands Cross Country race at the weekend: have a great race!
8. Club Spring Trips: Rab has posted on Facebook suggesting a couple of possibilities: Kiev, Ukraine Half Marathon and 10K, 7 April 2019 and Nice, France Half Marathon and 10K, 5 May 2019. If you are interested please email Rab.
9. Run for Hope 5K and 10K Charity Dash: this race is taking place on Sunday, 17 February 9.30 am, £25 for 10K (adults) and £15 for the 5K with some concessions for students etc. Please see attached poster.
10. Notts Ramblers Paths for Everyone Campaign: Some of you may remember recent information about a campaign to claim the path alongside the rail line near Attenborough Sailing Club. The Notts Ramblers are submitting about 125 User Evidence Statements in support, and are now working on more parts of a long bridleway route for walkers, cyclists and horse riders along the Trent between Holme Pierrepont and Cranfleet Lock. If you would like to assist with the claim please get in touch and I will forward on the forms.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal:
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website atfor information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at . PBs should be notified to , together with time, distance, date and race.
If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.