Hi all – hoping this newsletter finds you all well. Please see below for details of runs in the coming week.
Welcome to a new member: Joe Denton – happy running with Beeston AC!
As you will know, we are moving into Tier 3 as from tomorrow and here is a summary of what this means from England Athletics (parts relevant to us):
· Outdoor organised activity/group coaching in Covid-secure environment: Permitted but no socialising before and after sessions; groups larger than 6 allowed; avoid running into Tier 1 or 2 areas; adhere to coaching ratios
· Outdoor social (unorganised/non-coached activity): Permitted but required to follow the rule of 6; avoid running into Tier 1 or 2 areas
· Outdoor competition: Permitted; Adhere to EA and government competition guidance; no travel into or out of area to compete or officiate
· Outdoor spectators or supervision: Spectating NOT permitted.
Saturday, 31 October BAC Return to Racing: This week’s 5K run will be a two-lap course of the University, meeting there at 9.30 am (Jesse Boot statue, University Boulevard). If anyone is interested in joining us please respond to the Facebook post or ask someone to do so on your behalf.
Sunday, 1 November: Please meet at 8.50 am for a 9.00 am start from Bramcote Leisure Centre car park, NG9 3GF. John will have hand gel available at the start and end of runs for everyone’s use in view of the numerous stiles etc. which will be on route.
Speed Session Tuesday, 3 November: Dave Cross is in charge this week and it’s likely to be a pyramid session – location to be confirmed. Check Facebook for full details.
Wednesday, 4 November, 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia; details of the runs will appear on Facebook beforehand.
Penny and Chris have a group of Improvers doing a 5K loop setting off at the same time and we welcome new runners who wish to join us – no one will get left behind. If you know someone who would like to start running please ask them to get in touch as we also have a small group of beginners at the moment who are about half way through the programme.
Friday 6 November, 6.25 for 6.30 pm depart, Chilwell Olympia; run details will be posted on Facebook beforehand.
Terms and conditions for attending Club Runs: Please note that we need to comply with guidance from England Athletics at present. In lieu of requiring members to complete a pre-activity health questionnaire before joining Club runs, our policy is that by attending sessions you are confirming that you have not got any Covid symptoms to the best of your knowledge. Sorry to keep repeating this but it is important for the time being.
By choosing to attend for club training sessions, you are undertaking to comply with the following:
* Only attend club running/training sessions on the basis that you believe you have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms and are willing to comply with COVID-19 health and safety requirements concerning social distancing and hygiene before, during or after activity
* Attend to join a club run 5 minutes before the run is due to start ready to run (no changing facilities etc. currently available) so that a photo may be taken of everyone taking part. We will convene at a safe distance from the Leisure Centre
* If you become unwell subsequently and are diagnosed with Covid-19, undertake to inform the Club as soon as your illness is confirmed so that anyone who ran with you may be informed for tracking and testing purposes.
Anyone not registered with the Club (and England Athletics) will be required to complete a form (Neil has copies of this and Chris has copies for the Improvers).
News about races on the calendar
The Club Road Race calendar is at https://beestonac.com/events/category/events/road-running . Unfortunately Derby City Council has withdrawn permission for the Derby 10 to go ahead so no races remain on the calendar.
Cross Country events for 2020/21: Shirley Starr has announced the cancellation of the East Midlands XC League races for 2020/21. Notts AAA have also confirmed the County Championships is cancelled in January 2021.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.