Hi all – hoping this newsletter finds you and family well.
Orders for kit: Simon Elliott is going to place an order for Club t-shirts (both short sleeve and long sleeve) and still has a small supply of face masks available. For sizing please see our website at http://beestonac.com/club-kit . Cost £17.50 and £20.00 for long sleeve tops. If you are interested please contact Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org; alternatively he will post on Facebook and you can comment on his post. If you would like a buff, cost £6, please contact Jackie Welburn.
A reminder that the current situation for training, club runs etc, as per the EA website is as follows:
“From [5 November 2020], the UK Government is requiring everyone in England to stay at home, except for specific purposes, and not gather with other people who do not live in the same household, again except for specific purposes. As a result, the impact on athletics and running will include suspension of the following (we may update this guidance as and when more information from DCMS becomes available, for example, in relation to U18s / disability provision):
· All indoor club group coaching activity
· All outdoor club group coaching activity
· All indoor track and field competitions
· All outdoor competition (track and field, cross country, road, trail, fell and multi-terrain)
· All face-to-face coach and officials’ education
What can take place?
The UK Government has confirmed that you can exercise with people from your own household OR with one other person.
For athletics and running this means:
· You can train with your household or one other person in a public outdoor space
· 1:1 coaching can take place in a public outdoor space following social distancing measures (Please note: We are seeking clarity on 1:1 coaching with U18s and disability athletes/runners)
· Virtual training sessions can be delivered by qualified coaches
For the time being these are suspended. However, you can follow the guidelines and find one other person to run with during the weeks ahead, the government has clarified this does not always have to be the same person.
This went ahead last night and minutes will be circulated very soon. Thanks to everyone who participated; it went well.
Link for checking personal information on the myATHLETICS Portal: https://myathletics.englandathletics.org/portal/members/Login/
If you have any information about races you are planning to run or any news which may be of interest to members, please pass this on to Chris for the newsletter.
Check our Facebook page for updates on routes, races, lift shares and further information. See website at http://beestonac.com/ for information about the cross country, fell and road race leagues in which we participate. Also check our Twitter account at https://twitter.com/beestonac . If you wish to be removed from the circulation list please contact email@example.com with your request.